PDA

View Full Version : Triggers??

JockItch
21 October 2010, 04:41
Im looking to upgrade the trigger in my LMT MRP. There are so may triggers out on the market. Prices ranging fron $40 to $250 for the different types. Its going to be going in my home defence AR. I dont think I need a 2 stage trigger. What do all you think and might recomend?

Thanks JockItch

Paulo_Santos
21 October 2010, 05:27
I'd keep the stock trigger or get the Geiselle SSA, but it is a 2-stage trigger.

TripleBravo
21 October 2010, 13:19
In my opinion, Geissele SSA is the only trigger you really need. It is simply the best. MSRP is around $179.

However, if you want a slight upgrade, I've been impressed with the Nickel Boron coated trigger group sold by Spike's Tactical. The NB coating takes the grittiness out of the trigger. When you pair it with a set of JP reduced power springs you get a lighter crisper single stage trigger. The "ST Battle Trigger Group" is priced around $60. I think JP reduced power springs go for around $11.

(edit for typo)

Hmac
21 October 2010, 13:58
Gotta agree with the giessele SSA. Very crisp, very consistent.

TehLlama
21 October 2010, 14:29
I'm down to running stock triggers, or GSSA's. More and more GSSA's.

Stickman
21 October 2010, 14:52
I've got a bunch of triggers, and for the money, I'm not sure you can find a better upgrade than the SSA. The newly reviewed Wilson Combat is a great trigger and available in single or two stage, but is certainly more expensive. They are both triggers that I trust after putting heavy round counts through them.

HERRON223
21 October 2010, 14:53
Any one heard any good/bad about the Chip McCormick "Flat" tactical trigger ?

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/Chip_McCormick_91503_AR15_Super_Match_Trigger_p/cmc91503.htm

Eric
21 October 2010, 17:14
It depends on the application but for my use, the SSA is hard to beat. The Wilson Combat is an outstanding trigger as well, but overpriced. However, as much as I dig "upgrades," for most uses the stock trigger is going to do everything most folks need.