PDA

View Full Version : Magpul AFG/AFG2 Review

Paulo_Santos
22 October 2010, 19:14
The Magpul AFG/AFG2 Review (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2676-Magpul-AFG-AFG2-Review&p=24609&posted=1#post24609) is up. Please post comments here.

Aragorn
22 October 2010, 20:00
Call me crazy, but in the pictures it almost looks like the AFG2 has a steeper grip angle. Is that the case or am I suffering from an optical illusion? Could just be the sharper angle of the backstrap is messing with me, seeing how it being more straight up and down makes it look taller...

Paulo_Santos
22 October 2010, 20:37
The angle is the same. The AFG2 has a steeper backside, which is the reason it is shorter. Everything else is the same, except the AFG2 is a tiny bt taller.

Wondering Beard
23 October 2010, 07:45
Looking at your review and your comment about reaching the weaponlight, could you post pics or explain how you do (and/or weren't able to) reach the tailcap (from strong and weak side) on your rifle ?

Paulo_Santos
23 October 2010, 09:37

Using the above picture:
If I am shooting right handed, I just use my left thumb to activate the tailcap. If I am shooting left handed, I obviously use my right hand to activate the weaponlight, but I have to come over the top a little bit to reach the tailcap. Some guys will just leave the light on when switching to the weakside. If you need pictures, I can take some tomorrow or Monday when I am home.

Wondering Beard
24 October 2010, 09:27
That's the same method I use (reaching over the top) and it looks like some mounts (such as the ones from Danger Close but I don't have any experience with it) might not put the light high enough for a reach over and I wondered if the AFG (in either version), because it adds to the height, might make it even more difficult to achieve.

Paulo_Santos
24 October 2010, 09:34
That's the same method I use (reaching over the top) and it looks like some mounts (such as the ones from Danger Close but I don't have any experience with it) might not put the light high enough for a reach over and I wondered if the AFG (in either version), because it adds to the height, might make it even more difficult to achieve.

I don't have any problems reaching over the top and I have average hands.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
24 October 2010, 10:58
I purchased an AFG2 for our SCAR 16S... and then donated it to a customer who wanted to try it out, compared to his AFG.

I didn't like it on the SCAR. Check out this YouTude video we "Shot" of a mag dump using the AFG2. My hand was still too far below the lower edge of the rifle to maintain the level of control i get using just a hand stop or no VFG at all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/QuietCanMan#p/a/u/0/Jn8TK0UuOGQ

Paulo_Santos
27 October 2010, 13:08
I purchased an AFG2 for our SCAR 16S... and then donated it to a customer who wanted to try it out, compared to his AFG.

I didn't like it on the SCAR. Check out this YouTude video we "Shot" of a mag dump using the AFG2. My hand was still too far below the lower edge of the rifle to maintain the level of control i get using just a hand stop or no VFG at all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/QuietCanMan#p/a/u/0/Jn8TK0UuOGQ

Have you tried to grip it a little different? Kind of with your thumb up.