PDA

View Full Version : Hands down what is the best sling for the M4

Seasons
22 October 2010, 20:12
[:)][:)]I looked at the sling post in the product reviews section and would like to know what people think and are using on thier
weapon.....I am going towards the Vickers Blue Force 2 point but cant seem to pull the trigger oh yeah and if I did go with the Vivkers should i just use the sling loop or put a push button on the the left side (I am a righty) of the quad rail or a fixed??
I know it is really a preference thing but like I said want to know what you guys think and use...thanks in advance...I am loving the info on this site and the people are amazingly cool when it comes to any and all questions I have seen people ask and the replies that come in them....keep it up guys your great!!!

Paulo_Santos
22 October 2010, 20:40
What are you using your AR for? An adjustable 2-point is great all-purpose sling, while the 1-point is best for manuverability. Then there is the hybrid 1-2 point slings.

Seasons
22 October 2010, 20:46
well I am an injured combat vet in a wheel chair and have limited trunk mobility and want the sling to come over the top of my left shoulder so it balances it better for shooting at the range and
on coyote hunts on my land.....and if I mount it on the rails left side the two point will work best for my purposes and keep me balanced....does that make sense to you..not sure you have any
disabled usage or answered anything like that before but hey thanks and any input is gladly appreciated...

Optimus Prime
22 October 2010, 21:20
Savvy Sniper (http://www.savvysniper.com/) does fantastic work. I'm running one on my carbine, and my buddy has pretty much his entire platoon rocking them now overseas. They're great to deal with and would probably be willing to work with you to get you set up with something that would work out for you.

Stickman
22 October 2010, 21:36
[:)][:)]I looked at the sling post in the product reviews section and would like to know what people think and are using on thier
weapon.....I am going towards the Vickers Blue Force 2 point but cant seem to pull the trigger oh yeah and if I did go with the Vivkers should i just use the sling loop or put a push button on the the left side (I am a righty) of the quad rail or a fixed??
I know it is really a preference thing but like I said want to know what you guys think and use...thanks in advance...I am loving the info on this site and the people are amazingly cool when it comes to any and all questions I have seen people ask and the replies that come in them....keep it up guys your great!!!

I own more slings than I can remember, and they all have their own pros and cons. Part of deciding on a sling is deciding what role you want it to serve. If you stop and think that a sling is basically a holster for a carbine, and you begin to understand its importance.

Its hard to make a recommendation without knowing what your goal is. I would hate to steer you wrong through good intentions....

Stocks
22 October 2010, 23:13
I use the Vickers Blue Force on my Colt 6940 Duty rifle. IT is the best sling I have ever used. I like the 2 point because you can go hands free to handcuff, run, jump fences, and transition to pistol with the rifle secured to your chest or back. Single point slings are really limited and do not allow you to secure the rifle.

zero7one
23 October 2010, 00:17
I am an injured combat vet in a wheel chair

First let me say welcome to Weapon Evolution. You will find that this is an extremely professional weapon forum without the immature arguing or "fluff".

Secondly, THANK YOU for your sacrifice. Many of us here on the forum are prior or still active service and we still appreciate what you have done.

I too would love to give you the perfect answer into what sling would work best for you, but sometimes you have to try out a bunch of them to know if it will work out for your intended purpose.

However, on M4Carbine.com, there is a member there named "RetreatHell", who is also in a wheelchair, stated that he used a Magpul MS2 in single-point for the Magpul Dynamics Carbine 1 course. It may be worthwhile contacting him to see what he has found to work or not work for him.

Best of luck to you brother!

Seasons
23 October 2010, 08:41
Awesome thanks for the info. one and all...willl check that site out zero7 and see if I can contact that guy.....

Stickman
23 October 2010, 09:49
However, on M4Carbine.com, there is a member there named "RetreatHell", who is also in a wheelchair, stated that he used a Magpul MS2 in single-point for the Magpul Dynamics Carbine 1 course. It may be worthwhile contacting him to see what he has found to work or not work for him.

Best of luck to you brother!

He is a very nice guy and approachable, he could give viewpoints that most of us could not. I missed the wheelchair update, and based on that I think you might find a convertible sling (single point & two point) to be the best of options. The Magpul MS-2 and Gear Sector GS-2P with HK hooks would be very worth looking into. The BFG Vickers is another option.

The Magpul sling is designed as a single point sling that can also be used in two point mode.

The Gear Sector GS-2P is designed to be a 2 point sling that also works well in a single point mode.

The VCAS from Blue Force Gear is primarily a 2 point sling, though it can be modified to work as a single point.

The single point sling is going to offer the largest freedom of movement, while the adjustable 2 point slings mentioned above will allow you to quickly and easily adjust the sling for the type of shooting you are doing, as well as wrapping or bracing.

peabody
23 October 2010, 12:57
i like the israeli sling, i really like to carrie my rifle ''topside up''

some para 550 cord, and a strap of some kind, cheap and works great.

peabody

Optimus Prime
23 October 2010, 14:28
Here's my take on the Savvy Sniper Tac 1-2 (http://gunscoffee.blogspot.com/2010/06/savvy-sniper-tac-1-2-sling.html), it's very similar in concept to the MS2, but also has an option for a bungy section and more variety in hardware (http://www.savvysniper.com/Attachments.html). The MS2 is a good sling, however I find the webbing is too soft for something as heavy as a rifle. The newer Quad Sling (http://www.savvysniper.com/quadsling.html) from them is quite similar, and addresses a couple little things about the Tac 1-2 (no loose adjustment section and a better 1 to 2 point system) My buddy picked one up and within a month most of his platoon (currently in Afghanistan) was running them. I got to play with it a little before he left, and I've got to say I was very impressed. I'm probably going to upgrade to it before too long.

TehLlama
24 October 2010, 08:32
In your case, the hybrid 1-2 point slings would be extremely attractive.
Savvy Sniper, the EMDOM Gunslinghter, GearSector GS-2P, MagPul MS2 (or MS3), or if you want to spend a fair bit more for maximum flexibility the BFG VCAS-Medic sling modified like Rob's in order to be convertible to 1pt.

Wondering Beard
24 October 2010, 09:46
The Gear Sector GS-2P is designed to be a 2 point sling that also works well in a single point mode.

How?

I'm looking at both the GS2P and the ASP on their website and I don't see how the GS2P gets converted into a single point.