PDA

View Full Version : Request Opinions

Hazzmatt
30 October 2010, 19:55
I am looking at forward sling mounts to set up a single to two point carry option and have narrowed it down to two very similar units, the GG&G and the Midwest Industries rail mounted HK style loops. I've looked at all the pictures and the MI appears to have a slightly larger loop which seems like it would be better for faster transitions but I've been told that the GG&G unit is better quality. If anyone has any experience with either or especially both I'd appreciate your opinions as to which you feel is better suited to the task and why and any feelings you have about the quality of the two items. Thanks.

Paulo_Santos
31 October 2010, 03:59
I don't have experience with either one, but I have the Gear Sector one, which works great.

Hazzmatt
31 October 2010, 06:01
Thanks Paul. I am familiar with Gear Sector, I have their light mount, great quality but takes up more landscape than I'd like on the rail.

Paulo_Santos
31 October 2010, 06:38
I just looked them both up and I like the MI better because the HK loop is horizontal instead of vertical like on the GG&G. I also run a convertible 1-2 point sling and prefer the horizontal HK hook because it is easier to hook up the HK hook.

HeavyDuty
31 October 2010, 07:09
Plus a horizontal loop won't cause a quarter twist in your sling if you use HK snap hooks.

Paulo_Santos
31 October 2010, 08:03
Plus a horizontal loop won't cause a quarter twist in your sling if you use HK snap hooks.

Great point.

Stickman
31 October 2010, 12:56
I prefer the MI, though I don't use HK hooks often.