PDA

View Full Version : Mega MA-TEN Review

Paulo_Santos
1 November 2010, 19:53
Mega MA-TEN Review (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2659-Mega-.308-Review) is up. Post comments here.

AR-10
15 December 2010, 12:27
Couple of questions for you:

Can you run any AR-10 charging handle or do you have to run the one they gave you?

What about when you run an AR-10 buffer and action spring in an AR-15 carbine r/e, do you have to modify the AR-10 spring? (Slash says you do, but that might be for his special buffer only)

Also, do you have pics of the whole upper so I can get an idea about how much gas block would be exposed on that exact same barrel but with a 9" instead of a 12" DD?

I am looking at these receivers, the price is good considering you get an upper and a lower and I assume they are matching them as sets for the best fit.

AR-10
15 December 2010, 12:31
Also I want to make sure I'm seeing things correctly, that Noveske barrel looks like it has extended ramps but the upper does not?

Paulo_Santos
15 December 2010, 14:08
Also I want to make sure I'm seeing things correctly, that Noveske barrel looks like it has extended ramps but the upper does not?

That is correct. I was a little concerned at first, but I had no failures of any kind so I don't think it is a big deal, especially with the Pmags. If it were the other way around, meaning, if the upper had the M4 cuts and the barrel didn't, then that would be a big problem.

AR-10
15 December 2010, 16:10
I just talked to Jason over at Mega and he answered all of my questions.

I found out that these are cut from 7075-T6 which is good.

One more question though, pertaining to your DD Lite - I assume you used the DD Lite w/ArmaLite barrel nut since Noveske's barrel is set up for AR-10, correct?

Paulo_Santos
15 December 2010, 19:05
I just talked to Jason over at Mega and he answered all of my questions.

I found out that these are cut from 7075-T6 which is good.

One more question though, pertaining to your DD Lite - I assume you used the DD Lite w/ArmaLite barrel nut since Noveske's barrel is set up for AR-10, correct?

I think it had the DPMS barrel nut. It is based on the upper receiver. Since the Mega is a DPMS style, it needs the DPMS barrel nut. If the upper receiver is an Armalite, then you need the Armalite barrel nut. The barrels are the same.

I'd check with Mega or John Hwang to confirm it though.

AR-10
15 December 2010, 19:30
Yeah you were right it should be the DPMS nut. I misread something and got confused which is why I asked.

John Hwang
15 December 2010, 19:32
From my experience, if you use the Slash buffer and a AR15 buffer tube, you can use a AR10 buffer spring. I didn't have to cut any coils in mine but in some cases, you may need to. I would suggest running a VLTOR AR10 buffer tube, AR10 buffer spring and H3 buffer for best results.

AR-10
15 December 2010, 19:43
I'd for sure get a Vltor tube and put an EMOD on it if I didn't have a brand new UBR sitting in a box.

I'd like to use it, in fact I have a lot of parts sitting around that could be used in another .308 build.

I am liking everything I read about these Mega receivers and when you compare them to other billet .308 receivers you can't beat the price.