PDA

View Full Version : CMMG 2 Stage Non-Adjustable Trigger

John Hwang
7 February 2008, 10:27
As many have you may know CMMG is coming out with a non-adjustable 2 stage trigger. I had a chance to play with the prototype and I was very impressed with how it felt in my hand. Much improvement over RRA or LMT variants as no break in times are needed. If many of you use RRA & LMT, you know it takes 500-1000 rounds before it starts feeling really nice. CMMG felt great but it's hard to tell as it was a prototype. Retail will be $125 so it should be a great option for people looking for high quality non-adjustable match trigger. I was told the trigger should be ready in 1-2 months but release dates are always hard to tell.

Eric
7 February 2008, 15:13
That's good news for those of us that appreciate a good trigger, but won't use adjustable trigger groups for LE/mil/defensive/etc applications.

TigerStripe
7 February 2008, 15:32
Any word on the weight of the trigger pull?

TIA,

TS

John Hwang
8 February 2008, 16:14
I thought it was about 4lbs but I'll clarify the info.

TigerStripe
8 February 2008, 17:52
Thanks, John. I might be interested in one, buy no means certain as too many things are going on now, but I do have a gun that I could use that on.

TS

Stickman
12 February 2008, 19:24
It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against Geisseles new drop in 2 stage.

John Hwang
12 February 2008, 19:42
I spoke with Amy at Geissele today and she said that the non-adjustable 2 stage will be around 6-8 weeks. ADCO is getting the first 100-200? triggers because of his early partnership with Geissele. Everybody else should get them after that.

SHIHAN
14 February 2008, 21:17
Any idea of the pull weight on the new Geissele? Im kind of on the wire if I would trust the CMMG trigger for a carry gun.

jeffy
14 February 2008, 22:46
I'm guessing the new CMMG trigger that's being talking about here:

http://64.184.32.112/cmmg_images/tbl_images/PhotosIII/2_Stage.jpg

I like the bushing idea as well as the take up and over travel screws. The pull is supposed to be around 4.5lbs and cost around $120. (via ARF.)

With that price, they seem to be going after RRA's 2-Stage Match trigger. It will be nice to see more affordable options available.

TigerStripe
14 February 2008, 23:02
I'm game for one at that price.

TS

John Hwang
17 February 2008, 09:33
Any idea of the pull weight on the new Geissele? Im kind of on the wire if I would trust the CMMG trigger for a carry gun.

Without having both out in the market for some time, it will be hard to tell if any trigger will be trusted for a carry gun.

SHIHAN
19 February 2008, 19:03
Without having both out in the market for some time, it will be hard to tell if any trigger will be trusted for a carry gun.

Very True!

Stickman
19 February 2008, 21:16
Long term durability seems overlooked by most people when looking for a 2 stage.

Hopefully the CMMG trigger is setup well, and durability won't be a problem.

parabellum
19 February 2008, 23:44
When does the new GA non adjustable 2stage come out? Is there a price yet?

Cohibra45
20 February 2008, 09:37
Again, a question from the noobie here...Why 2 stage when I thought 1 stage is what you would want for sporting/hunting? The LMT piston I believe comes with a single stage trigger. Is it (single stage) more durable? I guess I will have to go to the local gunshop and see if I can tell the difference. If I can, should I go ahead and get the LMT 2 stage. Does it have to be adjusted by a gunsmith?

I like a good crisp 3.5 pound trigger...no over travel and no creep...just clean break if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help. I keep getting more confused everyday reading and searching.

Kelly :confused: