PDA

View Full Version : What to do for Barrel Break in for DDM4 V5 1:7 twist CHF?

BobinLaConner
4 November 2010, 13:37
I have my new DDM4 V5 from Rainier Arms...I read through the operations/instructions manual and I don't see where they talk about the best way to break in the barrel. Maybe there is no need, but does anyone know what the correct (or best) way is?

NickDrak
4 November 2010, 13:52
There is no need to "break-in" a chrome-lined barrel. Just shoot it. My advice would be to clean it up & lube it liberally, and then take it out and run 500rds (min.) thru it.

ETA: When I stated "Lube it liberally" I wasn't referring to the bore, I was referring to the moving parts of the rifle. Sorry, I should have clarified that. I would run a lubed patch of quality lube followed by a dry patch thru the bore though.

Prayers sent out for you and your wife. Get well soon!

Paulo_Santos
4 November 2010, 13:59
1. Lube it up.
2. Shoot it.
3. Repeat #1 and #2.

BobinLaConner
4 November 2010, 14:36
LOL ...I like the two step procedure and then repeat. I think I can handle that. :)

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I am at the hospital with my wife who is getting her chemo treatment for the next 28 hrs. My laptop and searching AR info on WEVO is my entertainment.

Quentin
4 November 2010, 14:55
I wish your wife good luck, BC! Hope all goes well.

As far as the barrel I think it goes without saying that after cleaning and lube you do want to run dry patches down the barrel to dry it out before shooting.

Paulo_Santos
4 November 2010, 17:11
LOL ...I like the two step procedure and then repeat. I think I can handle that. :)

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I am at the hospital with my wife who is getting her chemo treatment for the next 28 hrs. My laptop and searching AR info on WEVO is my entertainment.

Hope all is well with your wife.

BobinLaConner
4 November 2010, 17:47
Thanks...didn't mean to turn the thread into having folks worried about us. But we appreciate the nice comments. This is our first chemo session so it's all new to us, but she is doing pretty well all things considered

Quib
4 November 2010, 17:49
We'll keep you guys in our prayers.......

Quib & Family

Wondering Beard
6 November 2010, 13:18
Best wishes to you and your wife.

It's not going to be easy.

I have recently finished my own chemo treatment and it was no fun to say the least.

If my experience (small as it is) can be of any help to you, don't hesitate to PM me.

As to breaking in the barrel: just shoot it and have fun with it :-)

OutlawDon
6 November 2010, 15:34
No need for break in...

Read this....http://www.6mmbr.com/GailMcMbreakin.html

And good luck!!!