PDA

View Full Version : Just became a Winchester fan...

Creeky73
5 November 2010, 20:06
We have had a Winchester ammunition manufacturing facility in my home town for a while now, I am not sure exactly how long. But they have been a steady provider of jobs in a small town where all the other manufacturing plants have either left for other countries or scaled back considerably (Whirlpool, Emerson Electric, Toro, Georgia Pacific, others I am forgetting I am sure).

So I read in the paper that Winchester is closing a facility somewhere up north, can't remember the name of the town exactly, but they are closing it because they cannot (or will not, read it how you like) pay the costs of manufacturing, mainly due to the unions and employee wages. The article said it was twice put to vote by the union, they refused to make any concessions at all.

The end result is, Winchester has pledged to invest $100 million into expanding the facilities they already have here and growing an estimated 1000 jobs.

I hate it for the guys who will be losing their gigs, I know these are tough times. But this is fantastic news for my town, and I will certainly feel better about every box of good ole Winchester white box that I buy from now on, which will be a lot.

deadduck357
5 November 2010, 20:30
GOOD for your town and especially good for Winchester, run run run from the Unions, they will be the death of any company and possibly the U.S.A.

Oh and I think their new PDX1 ammo line is very good ammo, Winchester has done good with it, now I have two preferred lines of personal defense ammo 1) Gold Dot 2) PDX1.