PDA

View Full Version : About to pull the trigger on a Geissele

AR-10
9 November 2010, 17:57
Ok, I just read the PDF pertaining to the Geissele SSA-E in this thread:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2591-Geissele-Super-Semi-Automatic-SSA-E-Trigger-%28Flyer%29

It lists the 1st and 2nd stage pull weights as 2.3 and 1.2 lbs. respectively.

Does anyone know what the weights are on the standard SSA trigger?

Is this trigger not a good choice for a beater rifle? Seems like it was intended for precision shooting, am I wrong here?

Paulo_Santos
9 November 2010, 19:20
I would get the regular SSA for a combat/beater rifle. Can't remember the pull on the SSA, but it is a little heavier.

AR-10
9 November 2010, 19:26
Cool, I was leaning towards the SSA anyway because it's a little bit cheaper.

The pull weights on the SSA-E seem a little light for a rifle that isn't going to see a lot of bench time.

Thanks!

TehLlama
9 November 2010, 20:59
Indeed, the SSA's second stage seems less attractive looking at it for pure numbers, but I like that 1st/2nd stage ratio a lot, and the feel is still very light. Hopefully I can stop with the 5 I already have.
I'm trying to find the exact numbers too...

[ETA] 2.5# 1st Stage; 2# 2nd Stage

AR-10
10 November 2010, 08:14
Thanks for the numbers, I just ordered the SSA.

I can't wait to receive it, my factory Colt trigger is HORRIBLE.

I tested it with my buddy's pull scale and it averaged around 9 lbs.

TripleBravo
10 November 2010, 11:18
You'll be very impressed with the SSA...congrats!

103m 95g
15 February 2011, 21:37
I picked up a SSA triger at S.H.O.T. and installed it a Daniel Defense DDM4.
This trigger is like a 1/32 glass rod snapping!
It feels way better than the Timiney thats in another lower.
I'm just sorry I didnt Buy several More.

BobinLaConner
15 February 2011, 21:47
103M...what was your impression of the DDM4 trigger? I like hearing that you like the SSA, I have that gun and am considering upgrading the trigger on mine. My DDM4 trigger feels good, just heavy on the pull required.

103m 95g
15 February 2011, 23:08
The Factory trigger was better that some other G.I. triggers I have. I ran my DDM4 in a Magpul carbine corse, 1400 rounds later and it was even better.
I probably have close to 3000 rnds on that gun/trigger now. Did I need to upgrade? Nope, but I like the improvement.
If I remember correctly the SSA is the only non G.I. trigger that is recomended by some of the well respected on this Board, for a combat/duty/SHTF gun.
I do own a Timiney, but its in a long range/hunting/paper punching rifle.

BobinLaConner
16 February 2011, 07:42
That's good to know for my own rifle, thanks 103M. Sorry to hijack the thread AR10, but this is an upgrade that many of us are considering. Let us know how you like it once it is installed.