PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly Defense AR15 Rifles

John Hwang
7 February 2008, 10:54
We were pleasantly surprised at the CD Defense AR15 rifles. It looks like they listened to consumers before they started building their rifles.

They have a few models geared toward the civilian market and even one for the LEO Market. All models included M4 feedramps & double layered heat-shields. I'm not sure who is making their uppers or lowers but the machining looked typical of other quality lowers & uppers and the engraving looked very nice.

I was especially intrigued by the D-M4LE Carbine as it featured the following:
Chrome lined 4150 CMV Barrel
Properly staked extension tube & BCG
M4 feedramps
Milspec Buffer Tube with H Buffer

There are so many people getting into the AR market, it's nice to see a company at least listen to the general public on what they want.

They only had dealer prices listed and no Retail. [bash] We spoke to them about dealer pricing, MAP, etc and they seemed to be receptive but you can never tell.

SHIHAN
7 February 2008, 12:39
I tried to contact them and they never got back to me. Not a good way to start by brshing off the dealers.

Stickman
7 February 2008, 13:25
I tried to contact them and they never got back to me. Not a good way to start by brshing off the dealers.

Its not a good way at all, but around SHOT, everything is a zoo. It may be worth a call next week when things have calmed down and they are back in the game. Missed their booth at SHOT, it would have been interesting to see their items and lay hands upon them.

Hopefully they work out a little better if you contact them a second time (though you shouldn't have to).

jeffy
7 February 2008, 14:11
Looks like Michael Kassnar has been pretty busy putting an end to a lot of the disinformation out there on other forums.

So according to Kassnar, they are using Double Star lowers and using Wilson and Shaw barrels.

SHIHAN
7 February 2008, 14:27
Its not a good way at all, but around SHOT, everything is a zoo. It may be worth a call next week when things have calmed down and they are back in the game. Missed their booth at SHOT, it would have been interesting to see their items and lay hands upon them.

Hopefully they work out a little better if you contact them a second time (though you shouldn't have to).

I left several messages about a month ago and he never got back to me. Oh well whatcha gonna do!

Eric
7 February 2008, 15:17
I was especially intrigued by the D-M4LE Carbine as it featured the following:
Chrome lined 4150 CMV Barrel
Properly staked extension tube & BCG
M4 feedramps
Milspec Buffer Tube with H Buffer That's the one that caught my eye. With the market becoming nearly saturated, I hope it works out for CD. It would appear that they are listening to what the market wants.