PDA

View Full Version : SAOD,AR-trigger jobs

davida
13 November 2010, 05:39
Gentlemen I just ordered a SAOD upper 20" 6.8 SPC to go on my pre-ban m16. It's coming Tuesday can't Waite. I wish I discovered this site sooner, hope i made a good choice. I see all of these expensive replacement triggers advertised.is there some reason an old fashioned trigger job is not effective on the AR-s ? Anyone own a SAOD upper? I guess I will know soon enough what kind of quality this company puts out.

Paulo_Santos
13 November 2010, 08:17
SAOD is the Lothar Walther company and they have great specs for the 6.8 SPC. I've had 7 6.8 uppers, including a 20" and I don't see a reason for going longer than 18" barrel, unless you just want to have it for a certain reason. The velocity difference from a 16" to a 20" is going to be 100 FPS tops.

As far as triggers, I'm a firm believer in the standard trigger or a good quality 2-stage trigger like the Geiselle SSA. The cheapest 2-stage I recommend is the WOA tuned RRA because WOA fixed the issues with the stock RRA 2-stage. After I found out what some guys are doing with some of trigger jobs, I would not recommend the old fashion trigger job for anything serious. Some of them are downright dangerous.

Stickman
14 November 2010, 18:12
After I found out what some guys are doing with some of trigger jobs, I would not recommend the old fashion trigger job for anything serious. Some of them are downright dangerous.

Amen to that.