PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Mag

Hatter
29 November 2010, 12:35
I thought I might be able to pick the brains of any hunters here and WEVO for help. I'm currently using a camo socked Mossberg 12 gauge for turkey. It works but it's not the best and I need a gun to help my nephew get started turkey hunting. That means I'll get a new gun and he gets the hand me down. Originally my first thought was the Mossberg 835 Turkey Tactical but I'm not familiar with the gun at all. I have wonderful experience with the 870 series so the camo combo of the 887 Nitro Mag from Remington is also in consideration. Not to mention the dual barrels (22" turkey-choke and 28" waterfowl mod-choke) is a plus.

Obviously there are the Benelli's and far more expensive guns as well but I'm not made of money and still building an SBR. The more versatile the gun the better. Being able to throw another barrel on, mag extension, and receiver drilling to possibly allow a 3 gun shotgun would be ideal!

I'm looking for as much insight as I can get as far as 12 gauges with Mag chambers and versatility. THANKS!