PDA

View Full Version : 3 Gun Setup

Hatter
10 December 2010, 11:18
Ok... I'm looking for 3 gun gear information. How about a nice long picture filled thread that explains pistols, shotguns, rifles, and gear such as belts, holsters, slings, magazines, and the lot of what is needed for a competition day. I've seen a few posts from members that showed a little info here and there. Explanations of what you're using and why similar to the AR setup thread would be awesome!

Thanks and I look forward to what you guys have!

oregonshooter
11 December 2010, 15:42
I shoot all my action sports (IPSC/IDPA/3GUN) with my normal gear. It's a test of the gear and my abilities, not an arms race for me.

You will find a bunch of whiz-bang do-dad picture threads at www.brianenos.com

smoothdraw
18 December 2010, 20:34
I like my 3-gun setup right now..

Rifle
18" Noveske rogue hunter (I prefer the new 18 NST lightweight barrel), VLTOR MUR upper, Geiselle S3G trigger, Vltor A5 stock system, SJC Titan break, Vltor E-mod stock, BCM charging handle, Tirjicon Accupoint TR24R (1-4x) w cat tail.

Shotgun
Benelli 21" Vent rib M2 tuned by Jeff of C-Rums , Nordic components + 5 ext mag tube, extended charging handle, extended bolt release, mostly stock IC choke.

Pistol
Glock 17 gen 4 with Vanek Custom trigger and gen 2 spring.

Accessories
Condor Compact Assault backpack
Sabre Defense double rifle soft case
Magpul MS2 Sling
CR Speed Deluxe Belt
Man Mountain engineering shotshell caddy x5
Linkriss kydex holsters and mag pouch
Magpul Pmag with Nordic components extension

Ammunitions
Federal #7.5 walmart bulk shotshells
Georgia Arms 55gr .223/Atlanta Arms 55gr .223
Federal 9mm 115gr walmart special / Atlanta Arms 147gr 9mm

smoothdraw
18 December 2010, 20:39
I like my 3-gun setup right now..

Rifle
18" Noveske rogue hunter (I prefer the new 18 NST lightweight barrel), VLTOR MUR upper, Geiselle S3G trigger, Vltor A5 stock system, SJC Titan break, Vltor E-mod stock, BCM charging handle, Tirjicon Accupoint TR24R (1-4x) w cat tail.

Shotgun
Benelli 21" Vent rib M2 tuned by Jeff of C-Rums , Nordic components + 5 ext mag tube, extended charging handle, extended bolt release, mostly stock IC choke.

Pistol
Glock 17 gen 4 with Vanek Custom trigger and gen 2 spring.

Accessories
Condor Compact Assault backpack
Sabre Defense double rifle soft case
Magpul MS2 Sling
CR Speed Deluxe Belt
Man Mountain engineering shotshell caddy x5
Linkriss kydex holsters and mag pouch
Magpul Pmag with Nordic components extension

Ammunitions
Federal #7.5 walmart bulk shotshells
Georgia Arms 55gr .223/Atlanta Arms 55gr .223
Federal 9mm 115gr walmart special / Atlanta Arms 147gr 9mm

oregonshooter
18 December 2010, 22:35
Smoothdraw,
Why the gen II recoil spring?

smoothdraw
21 December 2010, 14:11
@ oregonshooter.

I'm sorry not gen 2 recoil spring. What i mean is version 2 of the spring that has larger metal flange at the tip. The old one is hard to remove/clean, moving sideways and one time the metal enclosing for the smaller spring shoots out of the slide. The version 2 recoil spring fix all of the problems above. Now i have full confidence back to my Glock 17 4th gen.

oregonshooter
21 December 2010, 17:50
I missed "Glock 17 gen 4 with..." the gen 4 and thought you put a gen 4 recoil spring in a gen 3 pistol.