PDA

View Full Version : High Standard AR's ???

traindriver
10 December 2010, 12:59
Found a M4 style AR in a pile of AR's made by all of the big name brand manufactures. This rifle was made by High Standard! I had no clue they were in the AR business. I had just checkekd out a $1200.00 Smith M&P15 but the High Standard's fit fininish and trigger was as good or better as the Smith. Also for a price of $575.00 it got my wheels turning. I'm gong to be buying an AR M4 clone in 2011 and had my radar locked on a Spikes. Now I'm going to have to investigate somemore before I buy any thing. It's about bang for the buck. If anyone has any expreience with the HS AR please chime in.

aklaunch
13 December 2010, 22:57
I have Patrick Sweeny's AR 15 book and i remember him doing a big review on one of their carbines. I will read up on it and post back what he said. Give me a day or so.

aklaunch
14 December 2010, 11:08
So i just read the review again. Basically what i got was the gun is nothing fancy. Just a reliable accurate weapon with no frills.

I wish i could find one for 575$ !!!!

aklaunch
14 December 2010, 12:20
He also did mention that they did not stake the castle nut and the spring for the dust cover was on backwards. He also thought there barrels where of higher quality and probably built by one of the bigger more reputable companies.

Eric
14 December 2010, 20:44
Their web page (http://www.highstandard.com/milspecdetail.html) skips specs/details on materials, which is interesting for a company who uses "MIL-SPEC SERIES" as their product line name, which I take as marketing hype. With that said, I have never ran one or seen one come through a class. However, I ended up with a few High Standard small parts which were sent back to Brownells for a refund, as they were poor quality. If your just looking for a cheap plinker it might fit the bill.