PDA

View Full Version : Question on Magpul MOEŽ Hand Guard -

Thine
10 December 2010, 20:56
First time poster, long time lurker here.

Am I correct in assuming the Magpul MOE Hand Gaurds are NOT free float ? If I'm wrong you can stop reading now.
If not, does anyone know if this product - the Stainless Service Rifle CMP Free Float Tube,
[http://www.youngmanufacturing.net/product-info.php?pid66.html] ,

would work with the MOEŽ Hand Guard, Rifle-Length,
[http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG419/123]

I emailed Young Manufacturing Inc., and recieved this reply -
"i have never seen the mag pul forearm. our service rifle tube accepts the standard A2 handguard after removal of the heat shield. If the magpul attaches to a standard A2 rifle it should work."

I emailed AND called Magpul and got what everyone gets when they try to contact Magpul............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

Can anyone offer me any answers on this ?
Thanks.

AR-10
11 December 2010, 08:41
I have no idea if that "free float tube" will fit under the MOE and I imagine Magpul wouldn't be able to answer your query either without knowing the dimensions of that product.

That part is $150 plus the cost of the handguard, if it were me I would buy a FF handguard and skip the special tube.

If you're on a budget, look around for a used handguard.

Paulo_Santos
11 December 2010, 14:38
The Magpul are not free float. I don't see why that combo wouldn't work. For the price, I'd rather go with the Troy TRX Extreme though.

Stickman
11 December 2010, 15:03
I thin you would need to mod the MOE handguard.

TehLlama
11 December 2010, 21:18
I'm curious what you're looking to do with the MOE handguards that the weight penalty of the stainless CMP FFT would offset. I'd just get the badger ordinance handguards and be done if you're after that particular application and need the trapezoidal handguard profile, or just run the MOE handguards and ignore the free floating aspect.