PDA

View Full Version : Black Widow Armament NoMar Plate Discussion

zero7one
27 December 2010, 18:43
http://zero7one.defensemk.com/Black_Widow_Armament/zero7one_BlackWidowArms_NoMar_002.JPG

Review here: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2838-Black-Widow-Armament-NoMar-Plate- Review&p=26476#post26476

Paulo_Santos
27 December 2010, 18:51
Great review. I would like to see them add a QD sling attachment like the Noveske end plate. Kind of combine the two.

zero7one
27 December 2010, 19:08
Great review. I would like to see them add a QD sling attachment like the Noveske end plate. Kind of combine the two.

That would be the ultimate in options. The QD hole could go where the hour-glass logo is. Structurally it should be fine.

Stickman
28 December 2010, 11:08
That would be the ultimate in options. The QD hole could go where the hour-glass logo is. Structurally it should be fine.

They would certainly have all bases covered if they went that route, but for people who know what sling they are going to use, this looks fine. My question on this is whether the off side hits the webbing of your hand when in a shooting grip or manipulating the weapon.

Eric
29 December 2010, 18:24
Not bad for $25 and it does appear to be rather versatile. It looks like it protrudes a bit less than some similar units that accept a MASH or HK style clip (two styles that I typically do not use). I tend to have a grip as high on the weapon as possible, so I too am wondering if you experienced it digging into your hand at all.

zero7one
29 December 2010, 23:54
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on how the sling mount affects my hand. In manipulating the rifle's safety and magazine release, the sling mount did not affect my normal off side (magazine release side) at all. While manipulating the safety with my right thumb, the front side of the sling mount touched the back of my thumb, though it did not cause any alarm that would adversely affect my shooting. For the lefties out there, when manipulating the rifle with a left handed grip, the sling mount did not affect me at all. On a side note, the machining and finishing done on the edges of this piece was well done. The edges are not as sharp as others I have seen and used in the past. Hope that helps out some.

zero7one
6 January 2011, 16:48
Here is an image of the Black Oxide Finish of the NoMar plate, which is standard, not the previously pictured manganese finish. The manganese finish was for samples only.

http://zero7one.defensemk.com/WEVOimages/BWA-Black-Oxide-NoMar-Plate-800.jpg

BlackWidow
7 January 2011, 19:50
The website is being updated with the correct picture as well. The web designer was out for some time durring the holidays. We are only offering the Black Oxide for retail sale at this time. We will be offering a Cerakote FDE part shortly, however they will be released in small numbers, only available direct at this time, and cost the end user $28.00. For Cerakote FDE parts email orders@blackwidowarms.com and request to be put on the list.

Pic of the FDE part.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/isaac19delta/nomarfde2.jpg

BlackWidow
13 January 2011, 09:01
We found a company that gave us a good quote on Cerakote finishing for the NoMar. So instead of the black oxide, we will be offering the black Cerakote as a standard finish. We know your saying pick a finish already, but this has been something that we wanted to use first off, but cost was out of range. Now we can offer this finish with no price increase to the customer.

zero7one
13 January 2011, 10:26
BlackWidow, There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get the best possible product out to the consumer while still maintaining a reasonable cost to the consumer and maintaining a profit for the manufacturer. Thank you for the update.

Stickman
14 January 2011, 09:34
BlackWidow, There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get the best possible product out to the consumer while still maintaining a reasonable cost to the consumer and maintaining a profit for the manufacturer. Thank you for the update.

Its actually quite admirable.

BlackWidow
15 January 2011, 14:23
Thanks gentlemen.

BlackWidow
15 February 2011, 15:10
Stag Arms has just picked up the NoMar for their LE rifles.