PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy expectation from Centurion CHF barrel?

500grains
7 January 2011, 12:21
What sort of accuracy do you expect from a Centurion Arms cold hammer forged chrome lined 1-7 barrel?

Would you expect any different from a Noveske CHF CL 1-7 bbl?

Paulo_Santos
7 January 2011, 12:31
You should be able to get 1-1.5MOA with both barrels (10 rounds). This is assuming you have a Free Float Barrel, a medium powered scope, good trigger, and really good ammo. And of course, if you do your part.

As far as the difference between the two, there is no way that anyone can answer that question because every barrel is different. You can take two exact Centurion CHF Barrels and they will like different ammo.

Aragorn
7 January 2011, 12:46
I can get 1 MOA pretty consistently with my CHF 1-7 centurion. With about any ammo I feed it. I'm waiting to put on some magnification though before I do any real accuracy testing. I did watch a 14.5" Noveske N4 shoot a thumbnail sized (around or just under .75 MOA) group at 50 yards with Hornady 75 grain match once. Both are free floated. The Noveske has a matched bolt and was at the time wearing a fixed 10x scope.

Aragorn
7 January 2011, 13:03
I was wrong. I just called to get the specifics of that group. Fortunately he had saved the target (which I signed as a witness). It was a 5 shot group with a distance of .266 from center to center.