PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S #58M Mid-Length Rail Help

Jason Gibbs
2 February 2011, 10:17
Whats up guys? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the A.R.M.S #58M Mid-Length Bi-level Rail System.
I am thinking about this rail for my 6.8mm build I'm working on. I really like the looks of it compared to the DD lite rails, Larue Rails, and Vltor CAS-VM rail. I'm not really worried about the weight as much as I durability. I read somewhere that the rail screws tend to loosen over time. I figure that some locktite would help that though. Thank you for your help!

Stickman
2 February 2011, 11:43
The screws come with a threadlocker already on them, the rail works fine, I've got a few of them floating around and have never had any issues.

Jason Gibbs
8 February 2011, 11:14
Well I've also heard that there very heavy. Is this true? Have you found it to heavy to deal with when at the range or running drills? Thanks Stick!

Stickman
8 February 2011, 15:35
Heavy is relative to balance. Most people I've seen saying that a rail was too heavy were running a bunch of gear off the end of it. I know the A.R.M.S. #58M-CV weighs 14 ounces, I'm not sure of the #58M.

Jason Gibbs
8 February 2011, 23:16
Ok...Thanks Stick. In your opinion would you go with the A.R.M.S #58 Rail or one of the DD Lite Rails? And why? Thanks man