PDA

View Full Version : IWC 2 to 1 Point Triglide Review

Paulo_Santos
9 February 2011, 12:03
Please post comments here (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3002-IWC-2-to-1-Point-Triglide-Review&p=28005#post28005).

INTRO:
This is my review of the Impact Weapons Components 2 to 1 Triglide (http://store.impactweaponscomponents.com/2to1potr1for.html) for the 1" Slings.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

PATENT PENDING
The 2 To 1 Point Triglide allows you to rapidly convert your new or existing Two Point Sling into a One Point Sling, on the run, when extra maneuverability is required and then back to a Two Point for extra stability or when carrying the weapon. The 2 To 1 Point Triglide allows you to leverage the best of both sling types. And it’s the ONLY transitional sling device designed to function with any Push Button Quick Detach Sling Swivel.

Made by Impact Weapons Components in Colorado from USA made 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum:
•Incorporates a QD Socket designed for use with ANY Push Button Quick Detach Sling Swivel.
•Also works with HK Type Hooks and Mash Hooks.
•Directly attaches to the rear end of any sling constructed with 1.00” & 1.25” wide webbing.
•SPEND LESS MONEY: Compare to $50.00 or more for a new convertible type sling, like the MS2™.
•Ultra-lightweight 2 To 1 Point Triglide design weighs only .20 ounces.
•Micro-Adjustable mounting allows the operator to attach anywhere on the sling.
•CNC machined from Billet 6061-T6 aluminum. Hard anodized Type III per MIL-A-8625F.
•Easily installation and simple to follow instructions supplied with 2 To 1 Point Triglide.
•NO GUNSMITHING.
•100% LIFETIME WARRANTY. PERIOD. Return for full refund including your shipping charges.
•MADE IN USA; including Aluminum.
•IWC’s MOUNT-N-SLOT products are MADE BY AMERICANS in COLORADO.

In order to understand why IWC designed the 2 To 1 Point Triglide, it’s important to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various types of slings on the market.

A One Point Sling is so called because it only attaches to the rifle at a single point, at the rear of the lower receiver using an end plate. The One Point Sling has the advantage of allowing the rifle to transition quickly and easily to either the strong or weak side shoulder with no adjustments. They also tend to allow the operator to move to any shooting position without adjustment (like standing to prone). The main weakness of the One Point Sling is that it allows the muzzle to swing like a pendulum if the user has to take their hands off of it.

Two Point Slings attach to the rifle at 2 points; one at the front of the rifle and one at the rear. As dynamic as a properly configured Two Point Sling can be, it still can’t match a One Point Sling for maneuverability.
The 2 To 1 Point Tri-Glide allows you to reconfigure your sling as a One Point or Two Point on the fly to deal with the specific situation you’re facing, using the sling that you already own.

INITIAL IMPRESSION:
Over the years, I tried the 1-point, 2-point, and the 3-point slings. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. I always liked the idea of a convertible 1 to 2 point sling, but the mounts have always been the problem. Since I have the LMT MRP with the built-in QD Sockets, I prefer to use the slings with the Push Button Quick Detach Sling Swivel.

I tried the IWC Triglide with the Gear Sector GS-2P and the Viking Tactics Padded 2-Point sling. I initially had the rear mounted to the PWS Buffer tube, which has the QD Sockets on the left and right side. While this was OK, I prefer the rear to be mounted to the Noveske End Plate. I switched out the buffer and added the Noveske End Plate and it is much easier to transition from strong to weak side, whether it is in 1-point or 2-point mode, and it has no negative effects on anything else. With the Viking Tactics, you can replace the buckle with the Triglide or add the Triglide as an extra buckle. I chose to just use the Triglide as a buckle.

CONCLUSION:
I can't say enough good things about this product. It is one of the best $20 I have spent in a while for an accessory. If you are looking to make your own 1 to 2 Point, this is one of the best products to get. They now come in 1" and 1.25".

Paulo_Santos
9 February 2011, 12:04
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/dscf1400.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/dscf1401.jpg