PDA

View Full Version : PWS & POF Enhanced Buffer Tube Review

Paulo_Santos
9 February 2011, 15:18
PWS & POF Enhanced Buffer Tube Review (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3005-PWS-amp-POF-Enhanced-Buffer-Tube-Review&p=28013&posted=1#post28013) is up. Post comments here.

MrSypher
12 February 2011, 03:01
That was a great review.. I actually have the PWS and like it alot. I don't have any piston systems in any of my AR's & my reason for getting it was the captured detent & the QD sockets.. And for the last week or 2 I've been throwing around the idea to get the POF because my sling mounts on the stock so therefore I don't need that collar with QD's. But for some reason, it's always been a peeve of mine & I never cared for the buffer tube to just rest on the detent the way it usually does. On these 2 units I love that the Detent is captured.. I've been searching for awhile and these are the only 2 companies that do that.. I don't know about anyone else but that was the seller on both buffer tubes for me..

skd_tactical
12 February 2011, 14:40
Great review Thanks. I have an MRP Piston system and an LWRCi M6A2. This sure could come in handy.

SOS

OffHot
18 March 2011, 10:38
So are they both secured simply by the fact that the detent pin is retained in the slot as well as the screws for the PWS? I understand that there isn't any torquing required, is that correct?

Paulo_Santos
18 March 2011, 14:05
So are they both secured simply by the fact that the detent pin is retained in the slot as well as the screws for the PWS? I understand that there isn't any torquing required, is that correct?

The POF is like a normal Buffer tube and installs the same way. The PWS is different, but still very easy to install and there is no torque required. The detent pin is retained in the slots on both.

rubsyboy
24 February 2012, 22:16
i bought 2 pws 416 buffer tubes and the back plate wouldn't fit properly.i filed one of them down but had to go through the trouble to parkerize it again.now i think of kicking the other to the side because of the hassle and get me a pof tube.

Hmac
25 February 2012, 08:47
I have a PWS buffer tube around here somewhere. It was out of spec and wouldn't screw far enough into the receiver to capture the buffer detent. Suffice it to say that subsequent dealings with PWS over the issue were less than satisfactory and it's now sitting in my junk drawer. A VLTOR receiver extension, a Noveske endplate and the QD sockets in my VLTOR iMod have met all my needs without any hassles. If I were concerned about carrier tilt, I'd definitely go POF by default.

Paulo_Santos
25 February 2012, 11:05
That sucks to hear about PWS. Both the issues and the way they handled it.