PDA

View Full Version : Help with SBR: Sig, PWS, or BCM?

Javang13
10 February 2011, 17:50
I am considering building a SBR and was wondering what you all thought of the following options. First option would be buying a SIG556 pistol and adding a stock to it. Second would be a PWS SBR with a 10.5 inch barrel (Mark 110). And finally, a BCM 11.5 inch upper. What do you all think? Do any of you have experience with these platforms?

CCK
10 February 2011, 19:14
How much do you want to spend?

Buddy went the sig pistol route. Cool gun but the factory folding stock sucks and you are very limited to taking that gun in different directions.

Same buddy has a Mk114 and it is a kick ass rifle. If I wasn't set on rifles it would be my one and only, no carrier tilt issues or any other bad points.

I have a BCM. It runs perfectly and by far the cheapest route.

Chris

Javang13
11 February 2011, 06:20
The pws is right at the top of my budget. I would like to be under 2000 total for rifle, optic, and tax stamp. How have you configured your bcm? I had a mid-length one and it was awesome! I think right now the sig at the bottom of the list. I would like to stay with the AR-pattern rifle due to simplicity, after market options and easy to find parts. Chris, do you think that the PWS is worth the extra 300-400$ and also has your friend had any problems with the heat from his rails?

CCK
11 February 2011, 07:15
My BCM is pretty straight forward:
11.5 barrel
DD FSP
Les Baer no forward assist upper,
BCM bolt and carrier
ALCM ambi charging handle
H2 buffer
Rest as you would expect.

If you have multiple AR's the PWS likely isnt worth it. If it is your only I think it is.

Also why not just the PWS upper?

no problems with heat, and I've shot it more than he has at this point.

Chris

Javang13
11 February 2011, 08:28
That sounds like a really sweet SBR! At this point I only have one AR its a 16in. lightweight middy del-ton build but I'm considering selling it to help finance a pws. I thought about just buying the upper but per there website an upper is 1200 dollars while the complete rifle plus MBUS's is 1550 it just seems like a better deal to buy the complete rifle. If you could only have one rifle what barrel length do you consider best for all around use. I'm thinking either 12.5 or 14.5 would be ideal.