PDA

View Full Version : Adams Arms Tactical Elite 556

PuppY_Kick3R
12 February 2011, 02:17
Im about finished with building my lower and I'm considering on getting the Adams Arms 556 Tactical Elite.

http://www.adamsarms.net/details.asp?sku=UA-16-M-TE-556

I was wondering if anyone here has used these and would love to hear the Pros and Cons which pertain to this gas piston upper. Thanks in advance.

Paulo_Santos
12 February 2011, 05:19
That's a beautiful upper. Adams Arms has one of the best piston systems out right now.

Stickman
12 February 2011, 09:49
I continue to hear from industry people (not AA guys) that Adams Arms is making the best piston system available.

TripleBravo
12 February 2011, 12:52
They OEM their system for several other companies too. It seems to be a great design that's not over engineered with too many parts like some other piston systems. You can plan on having to replace one $6.00 spring during your PM scedule. If you're a fan of piston AR's, you can buy Adams Arms with confidence.

Gray
13 February 2011, 11:53
Gentlemen,

I hope this is not too extreme of a thread drift, but here goes: I am in the planning stages for a build-up (will be purchased through Rainer) for a SPR/Police Marksman carbine. It's intended use is marksman/perimeter duties and will be 16 inch 6.8 (SPC II) with the Wilson TTU and TR24 Trijicon optic.

I am considering the Mega Tubular monolithic upper/matching lower. Your comments regarding the Adams system leads to my questions:

Should we stay with DI or consider a piston system? Are there any significant positive (or negative) attributes for a piston system on this purpose-driven platform?

TripleBravo
13 February 2011, 13:25
Gentlemen,

I hope this is not too extreme of a thread drift, but here goes: I am in the planning stages for a build-up (will be purchased through Rainer) for a SPR/Police Marksman carbine. It's intended use is marksman/perimeter duties and will be 16 inch 6.8 (SPC II) with the Wilson TTU and TR24 Trijicon optic.

I am considering the Mega Tubular monolithic upper/matching lower. Your comments regarding the Adams system leads to my questions:

Should we stay with DI or consider a piston system? Are there any significant positive (or negative) attributes for a piston system on this purpose-driven platform?

I'm a fan of piston ARs. Saying that, I'd stick with DI for your purpose. My piston uppers all have greater felt recoil than their DI counterparts. For SPR purposes where you'll never have to go a long time in harsh environments without the opportunity to clean your weapon -- stay with DI to help you remain as accurate a shooter as possible.

Gray
13 February 2011, 14:07
Thank you for the expeditious reply. It seemed intuitive (from what I have studied regarding this genre) that the greater impulse would affect aiming, but I wanted to be sure that I had not missed something.

Thanks again.