PDA

View Full Version : What are people using to fill/paint the letters on "fire" and "safe", or are they?

BobinLaConner
14 February 2011, 11:23
This is certainly not a big deal topic, but just wondering what people are using to fill the words "safe" and "fire" on their guns? Yes I know I shouldn't have to look, but just for kicks.

I was thinking fingernail polish or I have heard model paint. I tried searching and didn't see anything. Is there a best way to do this without smudging paint all over the gun?

varmint
14 February 2011, 12:18
some people are using whiteout then I think they just wipe off with alcohol... or they use kids crayon

Quentin
14 February 2011, 16:14
I've heard people use the tip of a needle to apply model paint. Some say it flows right into the lettering and logos. Never bothered with it myself and suspect if you really use the gun you'll dirty up the paint with oil and carbon and dirt real quick.

Sometimes collectors use temporary white highlighting to enhance photos of their treasured firearms or ones they're selling.

Muddyboots
14 February 2011, 16:26
Thinned Testors model paint. Use Testors Thinner. You barely need to touch a small brush to the embossed markings capillary action does most of the work. Let it dry and wibe the surface with a rag that is dampened with denatured alcohol to clean up any overbrushing. Be aware that it is VERY important to degrease the markings and the area around them before you fill them. You can get results that are just as good as an HK factory job. You can even do weird colors and combos if you want... I did a friends Spikes lower in Acid Green. It looks awesome.

Muddyboots