PDA

View Full Version : Magnifier Mount

alpha.kilo
21 February 2011, 17:34
Has anybody had a chance to go hands on with ADM's Magnifier Mount? I believe they call it the "Magnifier Swing Off Mount." Item number AD-SM-01. It looks like it pivots instead of flips on an axis, a.k.a. Larue. I have never seen one from ADM so I assume that it is a new product. Anybody with more info?

AK

Paulo_Santos
21 February 2011, 20:03
I don't have one, but I was looking at it and it looks solid and should work very well. I think I'd like it better than the flip to the side style.

alpha.kilo
22 February 2011, 17:55
Yeah, I would like to see one in person. In the photos it seems to pivot to the left side. That would keep the optic a little cleaner. But I don't know if it would obstruct my view as a right handed shooter. I would have to see it mounted.

If ADM would like to ship me one I would happily do a review.....

I noticed that Larue recently updated their flip mount and changed the stock number. It looks like they only will be producing the Tall mount from now on. Having ADM and Bobro re-engineering and rethinking products produces competition. And that is a very good thing for the tactical shooter.

AK

hikeeba
24 February 2011, 10:23
ADM states on their website that their swing-off magnifier mount can be mounted it so that it swings off to the right or left. http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/215/

markzdemetrez
29 September 2011, 03:15
It is a good add on to a weapon and can add accuracy. The swing off to right or left is a plus factor also.