PDA

View Full Version : Vector Uzi Carbine in .45 acp

savoy5
25 February 2011, 22:34
Does anybody here have any experience with this firearm? It uses grease gun mags.
It's purpose will be PDW (carbine) for in the home, trunk gun on trips, etc. etc.
Considering a Mech Tech CCU for a G21.

I've researched the JR Carbine, Beretta, Hi Point and others.
not completely sold on beretta's because of the mag capacity and availability of mags.
Haven't seen to many reviews on the JR
hi-points, same concerns
HK's to pricey
the Kriss to pricey

Thanks for your input.

Mike

5pins
26 February 2011, 19:46
Personally I don’t see a need for pistol caliber rifles, an AR carbine would be a better choice.

Aragorn
27 February 2011, 10:21
I was actually having this conversation with a buddy of mine last night. Talking about truck/trunk guns. The uzi, even a full size with a 16" barrel, was brought up as a viable option due to the size and cost.

I've shot the Beretta Cx4. It wasn't bad, but I really was not that impressed. Not enough to buy one, and not enough to recommend one to a friend. I saw the Hi Point Carbine at the local shop and actually did get hands on with it (remember when you were a kid, when you would find something gross and just HAD to poke it with a stick?). My opinion of Hi Point in general is low enough to be considered subterranean, and the carbine was quickly handed back while I was left with a feeling that I needed to wash my hands.

I have no experience with the "Just Right" Carbine or the Mech Tech CCU.

I tend to view truck/trunk guns in the same light as I do my concealed weapons. While that bobcat might be easy and comfortable to carry around, when you need it, you suddenly wish it was a full sized Glock or a 1911. Or a Desert Eagle. What I'm saying is don't shortchange yourself. For the size, weight, and cost specifications you've set for yourself you could get a carbine that's not only smaller than some of those you listed, but also cheaper AND, most importantly, in a real rifle caliber.

I'm a die hard AR fan, but for truck/trunk applications I find it very difficult to beat out a VZ 58 without wandering into the world of SBRs. Loaded and with a side folding stock, it weighs LESS than my AR does empty, and wearing only a flashlight. With the stock folded, length is shorter than both the JR Carbine and the Beretta you have listed, and only a couple inches longer when extended. The rifle itself can be had from JGsales for $360.00, and mags for the same as PMAGS. 7.62x39 is also cheaper than .45acp and no one is going to argue the difference in stopping power.

You can check it out Here. (http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/rifles/ak-pattern-rifles/p/vz2008-sporter-7-62x39-w-side-folding-stock-milled-receiver,-by-cai-/cPath/209_214/products_id/3281)

savoy5
1 March 2011, 06:46
Thanks for all the input. I don't think I'll go with the uzi 45. I will take a look at the VZ-58. and while looking at the ak family, I'm going to take a look at the Saiga 12.

Stay in the fight!
"Nuli Cede" Never Surrender