PDA

View Full Version : EOTech Gen II 3x Magnifier.

Paulo_Santos
17 March 2011, 16:17
I purchased the EOTech Gen II 3x Magnifier to go with the EOTech EXPS 2-0. I've had the Aimpoint Magnifiers in the past, but never had an EOTech Magnifier. Anyone have one of these? I really like the Samson Flip Mount that it comes with. I had one for the Aimpoint and it is the fastest flip mount out there. Can't wait to get it.

Hmac
17 March 2011, 17:25
I have one that I switch between all my rifles, even the one with the T-1. The only problem I have with the magnifier is that it wants to be mounted with the QD lever pointing to the rear, and in that position the magnifier flips to the right, where it gets hit with ejected shells but also requiring you hit the release with your support hand. If you set it up so that it flips to the left, the lever sticks forward and forces you to mount the optic one rail slot farther away.

It's not that big a deal. I have a lot of brass marks on the magnifier, but no visible damage and it certainly hasn't affected function in any way. I'd rather flip the thing with my shooting hand, but that's not that big a deal either. It's a nice unit, has been completely reliable for me and the mount is well-designed and very solid. With the T-1 it works fine but magnifies the 4 MOA dot into a misshapen blob. With the 1 MOA Eotechs, it works extremely well.

http://SSEquine.net/novesket1mag.jpg