PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys I'm here and just purchased a Mossberg 930 spx

RippSpeed
22 March 2011, 10:07
hey Guy, I'm new found the site from reading m24shooter's review on the 930 spx ...

I bought the 930 spx from Turners for $599.98 but I'm worried about the canted front sight ... How can make sure its not canted ??? What would happen if I told them I wanted another 930spx if the one they give me is canted ??? I'm freaking anal and I cant havea canted front sight... The one on the rack had canted sights...

Any advise ??? Thanx

Vern1968
22 March 2011, 11:04
hey Guy, I'm new found the site from reading m24shooter's review on the 930 spx ...

I bought the 930 spx from Turners for $599.98 but I'm worried about the canted front sight ... How can make sure its not canted ??? What would happen if I told them I wanted another 930spx if the one they give me is canted ??? I'm freaking anal and I cant havea canted front sight... The one on the rack had canted sights...

Any advise ??? Thanx

Great purchase, and you most likely wont find one cheaper. How do you know the one on the rack had a canted front sight? Apply the same technique to yours. I believed mine was slightly canted also, but it's hard to tell. My mag. tube doesn't quite sit straight so it tricks your eye into thinking the sight is off. What I did on my gun was to slightly loosen the mag. tube and move the barrel over as mush as possible and re-tighten the mag. tube. This should get a little adjustment out of it. What I also did to find out about the cant is, (this won't go over well), was to quintuple check that the weapon was unloaded. I racked the action back a baker's dozen times. I dry fired the weapon and put it safety on. There wasn't any ammo within 20 ft of my position. I then looked right down the barrel fronm the front sight to the rear sight. I believe this give the best way to see if it's canted. My very slightly is.

m24shooter
22 March 2011, 18:02
As far as a canted mag tube, I would not settle for that. It will creat problems. What I've seen that do is either prevent the follower from moving past the transition area and dropping your capacity by two or three rounds or allowing the follower to move past it and then snagging the follower as it moves forward, removing spring tension from the remaining rounds in the mag tube and preventing positive feeding.
I would check to see if the nut and extension body are out of alignment or if the threading on the mag tube body is off.

Vern1968
17 April 2011, 07:10
Becoming more and more disenchanted with this gun, and M24 you may be correct with mag tube. Finish on the gun seem rough inside the receiver. The play in the trigger group messes with the feed ramp and will sometimes get hung up. Loading the first round can be difficult as well as ejecting the last round while pushing the button. I have to pull the last round out. I also marred my barrel putting on the nordic barrel clamp. It didn't fit right and I had to modify it. I just installed my Vang Comp safety which is nice. Slight challenge to install. Great upgrade. My Mesa Tactical side saddle is in the mail. Waiting for an awesome after market pistol grip style stock to install. Scouring the Internet for a great camo style for this gun. Something dark grey and not to gaudy.

As far as a canted mag tube, I would not settle for that. It will creat problems. What I've seen that do is either prevent the follower from moving past the transition area and dropping your capacity by two or three rounds or allowing the follower to move past it and then snagging the follower as it moves forward, removing spring tension from the remaining rounds in the mag tube and preventing positive feeding.
I would check to see if the nut and extension body are out of alignment or if the threading on the mag tube body is off.