PDA

View Full Version : Optic Mount recommendation foa a POF Rifle

neo9710
26 March 2011, 08:14
Hey all -

Yeah..another recommendation thread..I recently acquired a POF .308 rifle (16-MMR-308) and I know everyone has their opinions, I like the rifle. I have an Aimpoint ML2 with magnifier and Larue Mounts on my other rifle but I wanted to go the scope route. I just picked up a Falcon Menace 1.5-5x30 Tactical. Since I am new to the scope world, I have a couple questions. The rail on the POF runs straight across the top of the receiver. It looks like the QD mounts (Larue/BoBro) would be too tall. I'm just thinking about a good cheek weld/eye relief..I looked around and saw that some people are using .885 rings (Badger I think). Someone recommended the American Defense AD-RECON. But I think thats too high also. I know people some sort of a pad to help with cheek weld but I'm curious.

I just noticed the LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD LT719 which are 0.875" but arent they designed to use with a riser?

Paulo_Santos
26 March 2011, 09:40
The only thing you have yo worry about is the front of the scope. I know medium rings will work with pretty much every scope. Low rings will depend on the size of the objective (front of the scope). The Badger rings will definitely work because they come in different heights. ARMS also makes low, medium, and high rings. I'd call up either company and tell them what scope you have and what is the lowest rings that will work with the POF. I know the medium rings will work, but I'm not sure of the low rings.

neo9710
27 March 2011, 06:00
The only thing you have yo worry about is the front of the scope. I know medium rings will work with pretty much every scope. Low rings will depend on the size of the objective (front of the scope). The Badger rings will definitely work because they come in different heights. ARMS also makes low, medium, and high rings. I'd call up either company and tell them what scope you have and what is the lowest rings that will work with the POF. I know the medium rings will work, but I'm not sure of the low rings.

Great thanks. Can wait to mount it and get some long range shots in..We were planning to go hit an outdoor range today but they were calling for a little bit of snow this morning.. :eek: - yeah..it is end of March right?!

Stickman
27 March 2011, 16:25
My POF has been flawless for years, its beat, its ugly, it doesn't get cleaned very often, but it always works. I use the ADM low profile mount with my aimpoint, but like you said, its no help with a scope.