PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Pro any reviews

Striker071
26 March 2011, 13:36
Basically I would like someone to tell me how they like it and if they have a comparison to say a M4s... Dont just say price and a smiley face....

Need real pro's and cons....

Paulo_Santos
26 March 2011, 14:34
They are pretty much the same as the M2/M3 with a 2MOA dot, except at a much better price.

TehLlama
26 March 2011, 14:45
It's the CompML3 w/ 2MOA bundled with a revised QRP mount - read those reviews, and you'll have all you need to know.

The comparison points between it and the M4/M4S are 100% related to the battery and killflash. The M4's use AA batteries (a year or so more life - but who cares), and come with an ARD. That is all. If you want one that uses AA's, then get the M4 (I have one). If you don't need that (remember, the M3/PRO/Micro's will go 3-5 years on a battery continuously on), the PRO is absolutely a better choice (that's half a case of ammunition different in price)

HeavyDuty
26 March 2011, 15:41
I just went through deciding between a PRO and an ML-3 2 MOA.

PRO comes with a mount that I didn't want or need - I could have resold it for a few bucks, they don't seem to being much.
ML-3 comes with the rubber cover which I wanted.
PRO comes with a see-through eyepiece cover.

I ended up with an ML-3, it was almost a wash for me pricewise. (I did get a good deal on a ML-3 package with the absolute cowitness ADM mount that I wanted.)

Creeky73
26 March 2011, 16:05
are there any sites that are selling the Pro to non-LEO/Mil yet?

Cannon Fodder
27 March 2011, 11:10
are there any sites that are selling the Pro to non-LEO/Mil yet?

I did not identify myself as MIL when I purchased my PRO, and it arrived just the same.

From everything that I can tell, the restriction was only during the initial limited distribution. When the PRO went mainstream, it was simply supply and demand that kept it from being readily available.

Striker071
27 March 2011, 14:05
So the PRO is on par with the M4s. I have the thinking correct?

Stickman
27 March 2011, 16:26

The Comp M4 has a longer battery life and uses a AA battery.

Paulo_Santos
27 March 2011, 18:03

The PRO is on Par with the M2 and M3's.

Striker071
27 March 2011, 18:10
Well I have a T-1. I know that asking if the M4s is really that much better for 300 dollars more is kind a subjective thing. I have wanted a M4s for a while to go on another rifle. Just trying to gauge whether the M4 is 300 worth more than the PRO.

Thanks for all the replies and I like the professionalism here on the sight guys. Get tired of some of the degrading posts and mud slinging on another site I goto

Creeky73
29 March 2011, 16:04
The M4 would be really nice to have, but at $750-ish at a lot of sites now, it becomes hard to justify without considering moving on to an ACOG (I know, two completely different animals for different situations, but I am saying from a monetary perspective only). The Aimpoint PRO is exactly what I have been waiting for, for a couple of years now, and I can't wait to save up the scratch for it.

Eric
30 March 2011, 20:37
The PRO really sets a new standard for a duty/defensive optic (mount included) at a reasonable price-point. There are cheaper optics out there, but they typically lack the known quality Aimpoint brings to the table.

PRO Review. (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3113-Aimpoint-PRO-Review&p=28975#post28975)

Striker071
30 March 2011, 20:55
It just baffles me a little .... why would Aimpoint price themselves out of their own market.

HeavyDuty
31 March 2011, 06:22
Non-LE buyers aren't the real market IMO. This was created to allow Aimpoint dealers to better compete against EOTech on bids where lowest price gets the sale.

Striker071
31 March 2011, 11:44
AH now that makes a lot of sense to me .....

malachi_s
2 June 2011, 13:16
Don't know if you have made your decision yet but I purchased the Pro for $400.00 and it came with a QRP2 mount from Botach. I had heard horror storises about Botach but honestly, not only did I get a great deal on the Pro I bought the Aimpoint 3X magnifier for $380.00 from them as well and it came with the Twist Off QD mount. I did however choose to mount the optics in LaRue mounts but I got sensational pricing on the optics with absolutely no causes for alarm from Botach. As for performance, I could not be happeir. They do perform as advertised.