PDA

View Full Version : Is PCF C15 Composite lower any good?

zollen
3 April 2011, 11:25
I am thinking of getting the PCF C15 Composite lower (http://www.pcfmfg.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=50) for my 14.5" build. I like it because of the fact that it is extremely light weight and cheap. Is this lower any good?

AMMOTECH
3 April 2011, 12:28
I'll bite.... I would not buy this to use as a foundation for a weapon that would be used for self defense.
Now with that being said; if you are only going to plink at the range then sure why not.

I would use that lower if I were looking to build a dedicated .22 carbine.

AR-10
3 April 2011, 12:36
I will second the above post, maybe for a dedicated .22LR build but not for much else.

You can find complete lowers for sale in auctions and forums, new and used - pay a little more and buy a metal receiver.

It also looks like this place is using non-standard lower parts, at least the trigger, hammer and selector look a little funky to me.

Creeky73
4 April 2011, 15:26
you can get a complete Spike's lower for $250. If I truly felt a need to go cheaper than that, I would probably reconsider getting an AR platform rifle.

Stickman
12 April 2011, 15:14
Is this lower any good?

No.

NEKYARfan
30 April 2011, 15:37
I have 1, and plan on buying another.[:)] Very lightweght and has a nice trigger pull. These are for plinking rifles though. I don't trust anything, but tried and true for self defense. My .02

zollen
30 April 2011, 16:18
I have 1, and plan on buying another.[:)] Very lightweght and has a nice trigger pull. These are for plinking rifles though. I don't trust anything, but tried and true for self defense. My .02

How long have you been using it? Have you done some serious drills with it? How durable is it?

Muddyboots
30 April 2011, 18:13
They are NOT durable. NEKYARfan called his a "plinking rifle" and goes on to say: "I don't trust anything, but tried and true for self defense. My .02"

Look at something else.

Muddyboots