PDA

View Full Version : Best CQB-MidLength AR sight/scope?

zollen
5 April 2011, 15:48
What would be the best or very good CQB-to-Mid Length AR sight/scope? My budget is $2000. I need one piece equipment and No Magnifier.

CCK
5 April 2011, 16:48
My recommendation would be a TA33 (you choose reticle and color) and a ADM mount.

This is a sub $1000.00 solution but I feel the best Jack of all Trades optic available.

Chris

zollen
5 April 2011, 16:57
What magnification is the TA33? Any solution for CQB?

Striker071
5 April 2011, 18:09
I have always been told there is no real solution to both problems. I would personally run a M4s or a t-1 and a magnifier but that isnt a option for you.

oregonshooter
5 April 2011, 19:27
Schmidt Bender Short Dot 1.1-4x20 CQB PM

Add $500.00 to your limit or buy used if you need bomb proof.

If you are not killing hadji's with it then a Vortex PST 1-4X at $466.00 from brownells is the next best thing.

ACOGs are very fast when you get use to them. I prefer the 4X myself as it makes "drawing into" the sight easier.

matt7184
6 April 2011, 06:01
With your requirements, the optimal solution imo would be a 1-4/6x scope.

For under $1k take a look at the Trijicon TR-24G (the green triangle really stands out to my eyes and the scope does not need batteries)
http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TR24G

If you are willing to spend closer to $2k...I would look at the illuminated 1-6X Swarovski
http://swfa.com/Swarovski-Z6-Riflescopes-C194.aspx

zollen
6 April 2011, 06:11
I decided to lower my budget to $500

How about this scope?
Leupold VX-I 1-4x20mm Scope (http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-vx-i-1-4x20mm-shotgun-rifle-scope.html)

kattman
6 April 2011, 16:50
Nightforce NXS 1-4x. 1202.00 +/- from Sport optics. Great glass and eye relief up the wazoo!!!!

Luv-em

Kattman from Michigan

kattman
6 April 2011, 16:59
OOPs sorry---the previous is coming from a guy who already has a SB Short Dot prior to getting the Nightforce!! Much better eye relief!!

Shoots as up close and personal fast at 1x as my EOTECH's and Aimpoint Comp M4S's!!

Kattman from Michigan

CCK
7 April 2011, 23:00
TA33 fixed 3x

Eric
7 April 2011, 23:54
Zollen,
Do you just post hypothetical questions, or actually have a legitimate inquiry? Many of your posts are along the same line.

zollen
8 April 2011, 03:36
Zollen,
Do you just post hypothetical questions, or actually have a legitimate inquiry? Many of your posts are along the same line.

Getting my first AR is an expensive investment. I am still new to this hobby. I want to learn as much as possible from you all before I "pull the trigger".

Hatter
8 April 2011, 07:13
I happen to agree with Eric. You can spend a very large amount of money on weapon systems, parts, equipment, etc. The best way to go about this is to clearly define why you want the weapon system and what your intended use will be. If you're simply buying high end components because you think they are the best you will have a great platform that serves no purpose other than draining you bank account.

If you're new to the world of firearms your best bet with anything would be to buy economical at first. Trigger time will help you understand the weapon, features, pros and cons that you will otherwise have no basis for. Start with a basic rifle, DI or piston, quality but economical. Become familar with the iron sights and handling of the weapon. Then move to an optic whether it be red dot sight, HWS like Eotech, or comparable. Then look to using a scope if you need magnification or use a magnifier with either of those systems.

Trying to spec components for a complete fresh build when you have very little experience is a difficult task. You're asking for opinions in a general manner but not giving enough background to allow people with experience to answer you properly.

zollen
11 April 2011, 14:43
Would Stag Arms considered a cheap choice for my first M4?

Paulo_Santos
11 April 2011, 17:04
Would Stag Arms considered a cheap choice for my first M4?

They are pretty good, especially if you want the 1:9" twist barrel.

jetspeed8
11 April 2011, 21:20
Might want to take a look at this scope (http://grscinc.com/CRS.html). I have one and swear by it. It is also shorter than most of the 1-4x24mm scopes out there. Then get the ADM mount for it...

capncraigagain
4 January 2012, 13:17
I agree with Hatter and Eric: you want to burn money? mail it to my and I can help.

You want to build a Hobby Weapon? Start with the basics, take it to the range and blow some lead out. Ask questions of others that are bringing Black Rifles to the range and maybe they will give you some good advice - even let you try out their hardware. Then you can customize the snot out of it until you have what you want.

Of course, if you have a rich uncle that is passing you massive donations for your pleasure, buy all means.

Enjoy!