PDA

View Full Version : PMAGs- Tested Past Destruction....

Stickman
24 February 2008, 15:49
I just completed writing up the review for my attempts at destroying a Magpul PMAG. I know that most people have seen the videos, and the pictures of the PMAGs getting run over and abused, but we all know that at a certain point, things break.

The start of all this was my own interest in how much damage I could inflect on a PMAG. I had never figured that I would do a writeup, but I never figured that a PMAG could take this much abuse either. In this case, I'm glad that I take lots of pictures, because it came in handy for writing it all up.

Below is the review thread, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here and ask away.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2098#post2098

Cohibra45
24 February 2008, 17:05
Awesome test!!! Really can't believe it kept on running, kinda like the old Timex watch commercial [adore] !!!

Great pictures too...

Kelly

Stickman
24 February 2008, 17:09
Thanks, at this point I'm honestly not sure what else we can do in order to continue the test on the magazine. As it was, it was punished way beyond any legitimate expectations.

TigerStripe
24 February 2008, 20:43
Does this mean I should stop mistreating mine?

TS

Eric
24 February 2008, 22:43
I think it's noteworthy that this was a windowed Pmag. I've always been curious if there were any strength issues created with the window. Obviously not.

Boogieman
25 February 2008, 04:30
Stick -

You seriously have way too much fun doing this. And that is not a bad thing. Great review. I'm going to try to get to Rainier Arms later today or tomorrow and pick some up...along with some other toys. [:D]

aus71383
26 February 2008, 16:04
I just ordered 30 more a couple days ago, which will make 40, but seeing this makes me think I should order more!

Austin

BRD Jerm
26 February 2008, 20:15
great stuff!

more impressive than the truck vid imo.

Boogieman
27 February 2008, 00:22
more impressive than the truck vid imo.

Well said!

Impact
2 March 2008, 22:06
very nice