PDA

View Full Version : Completed SBR. Opinions please!

hatchtrikk
16 April 2011, 18:25
Built on :

Spikes lower
DD LPK
Geissele SSA Trigger
BCM Buffer tube w/H2
Magpul CTR
Stark Pistol grip
VCAS Sling
Lancer Mags
Eotech XPS-2
Surefire M300 mini scout
Gear Sector light mount
Troy BUIS
Noveske 10.5 w/switchblock

I do plan on running an HSP Thorntail light mount putting the Scout at 1o'clock with an SR06 switch mount on the top rail.

Is there anything you guys think needs improvement?

Any and all advice and constructive criticism is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-Rex-

UPDATED PIC::

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/hatchtrikk13/SBR.jpg

Paulo_Santos
17 April 2011, 04:36
They look great.

EODcrawler
17 April 2011, 08:02
I like it. Kind of what I'm planning. Nice to see what I'm wokring on before it's finished.

Stickman
17 April 2011, 11:02
Nice setups there. I have similar setups, but I use the CTR on mine. I think its a matter of personal taste though.

hatchtrikk
20 April 2011, 18:44
Thanks guys!

I have a CTR on order for an SBR Draco project I'm currently in the middle of so I'll be able to try it out and see how it feels.

Does anyone have any recommendations on anything else I may need or need to get rid of?

usmcvet
22 May 2011, 19:46
I like how you solved the lack of a bayonet lug on your SBR! Gun looks good. How does the pistol grip work for you? I have seen a few out there but never held one.

hatchtrikk
27 May 2011, 19:14
I like how you solved the lack of a bayonet lug on your SBR! Gun looks good. How does the pistol grip work for you? I have seen a few out there but never held one.

LOL. Thanks!

I love it. Fits my hand perfectly. It also holds the batteries nicely with zero rattle.

hatchtrikk
28 January 2012, 23:25
Bump for update.

Still looking for opinions/suggestions :)

zero7one
28 January 2012, 23:53
How does the off-hand grip feel with the position of the VFG and the tailcap button of the light? Looks like it may be a bit of a reach for my hands.

Also, how does it shoot?

Hmac
29 January 2012, 06:30
I found that mounting the front sling swivel that far forward tends to get in the way of my support hand. I also found that, for me, the rifle hangs better and transitions better if I attach the rear sling swivel on the right side of the stock and bring it up over the top.

http://SSEquine.net/sbrslings.jpg

TripleBravo
29 January 2012, 10:15
Hmac...that's exactly how I set up my sling too.

hatchtrikk
4 February 2012, 13:08
I found that mounting the front sling swivel that far forward tends to get in the way of my support hand. I also found that, for me, the rifle hangs better and transitions better if I attach the rear sling swivel on the right side of the stock and bring it up over the top.

I just tried that out and wow what a difference it makes with transitions!

Truth be told fellas, I have yet to get any proper training so everything that is on this rifle is subject to change once I can find what works best for me. Low speed civvy here.

hatchtrikk
4 February 2012, 13:11
How does the off-hand grip feel with the position of the VFG and the tailcap button of the light? Looks like it may be a bit of a reach for my hands.

Also, how does it shoot?

I use the VFG as a handstop. As a righty, my left thumb sits in the space between the 3 and 12 o'clock rail so activating the light is very natural in it's current config. Once I acquire the IWC/HSP Thorntail and SRO6 switch, I may move the VFG forward more.

TehLlama
4 February 2012, 16:47
I'd run the slack from the sling back through the adjustment slide, then just rubber band it, or cut and burn it. Defeats the padding and makes it harder to slide and transition to other shoulder if needed that way. Electical tape will mitigate, but one hot range day and it'll start curling up on you I imagine.

Only part I'm still confused about is why the GearSector offset railed unit with a scout light instead of the pure GS scout offset mount?
[ETA, the thorntail solves that]

Hmac
6 February 2012, 05:08
Hmac...that's exactly how I set up my sling too.

One thing I've noticed is that on the iMod stock, the sling swivel isn't rotation-limited so the sling can get twisted. I've been using a ranger band to secure it to the little slot on the top rear of the iMod. I'm going to try an ITW "Web Dominator" or a slip-lock on some shock cord and see it that's too bulky.