PDA

View Full Version : Sig P238 in 9mm Luger?

MoxyDave
22 April 2011, 22:00
Does anyone make a pistol similar to the Sig Sauer P238 in 9mm Luger?

I love the 1911 style but I'm not a fan of the beavertail safety. The P238 omits that part and I love it.

Texasjay
29 April 2011, 21:12
A 9mm P238 would be my dream pocket gun! I'm looking for a 9mm that can match the soft shooting, accuracy, light weight, great sights and great looks of my P238. Kimber Solo was ok, but too many FTE's at the range (I'll give it another try soon); haven't shot the LC9 but expect more recoil and I trust Sig over Ruger in general. I keep reading and hearing extremely divergent reviews of the Rohrbaugh 9mm and that's enough to scare me away, especially at that price. I'd love the increased firepower of 9mm vs .380 but as long as I can rapid fire my P238 more accurately I'm keeping it. For some reason, I don't seem to shoot Kahrs as well as others claim and I just don't like their feel (Fords vs Chevys...).

Optimus Prime
1 May 2011, 03:14
The Ruger's massive bright red loaded chamber indicator killed all interest in that gun for me. I could deal with the 85 other laywer safeties, but that thing's just too much.

MoxyDave
7 May 2011, 20:12
The closest I've found so far is the Springfield EMP (http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=24). It's a bit heavy and appears a tad difficult to tear down from what I've seen, but I'ill check it out some more.

I love my PM9 but I have a hard time with the trigger. The EMP has a much shorter single action trigger which I love.

UrbanPioneer
7 May 2011, 21:00
Dave- I own an EMP - it's certainly not a pocket gun, at least for me anyways, but it is slim and it carries well IWB. All metal, of course with nite sites. It is very very fun to shoot, even beginners have enjoyed shooting it. The trigger is excellent! I can't say enough good things about it. I would like to get some flush fit mags though. Field stripping is very very easy, not much different than my XD.

bluealtered
9 May 2011, 07:27
The best fit for me as a ccw is the kel-tec p11 and pf9. There isn't very much cool guy stuff about them, they simply work every time i use them. I have put roughly 3000rds through the two of them without any problems so far, (115gr,125gr&147gr).
The triggers take some getting used to for some people and they simply are to small for some larger built people as well, however they fit me fine and as a medium size guy are much easier to carry than my bhp. blue

MoxyDave
9 May 2011, 21:31
Field stripping is very very easy, not much different than my XD.

I have seen videos where they use the provided tool to take down the pistol. Can you do it easily without the tool? I don't like being dependent on some small gadget that I'd likely lose :-)

Thanks for your thoughts.

MoxyDave
9 May 2011, 21:44
The triggers take some getting used to for some people

They sure do. I'll keep practicing :-)