PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the Weapons manufacturers

Striker071
1 May 2011, 16:40
OK... i am waiting on parts.... DD barrels goto their site .... Out of stock...... Mega Machine billet lower AMBI out of stock.....DD rails out of stock....

Guess I have good taste but I am getting really frustrated right now.....

Also I put questions up on boards in other forums and get No answer or the check is in the mail.

I even emailed a sales department and haven't recieved a reply and it could be a 850 dollar sale for them.... no answer.

Sorry for the rant... but was some of the metal coming from Japan and the manufacturers can't get it and have to look at other sources?

I got a great tax return coming and I want to spend my hard earned money .... no one seems to want to help.

Stickman
1 May 2011, 18:12
Manufacturers ship to dealers first to fill back orders, checking with dealers and distributors would probably be your best bet.

Quentin
1 May 2011, 21:51
OK... i am waiting on parts.... DD barrels goto their site .... Out of stock...... Mega Machine billet lower AMBI out of stock.....DD rails out of stock....

Guess I have good taste but I am getting really frustrated right now.....

I got a great tax return coming and I want to spend my hard earned money .... no one seems to want to help.

Over the last few months it has been harder to find good parts in stock, no doubt partially due to so many tax returns coming in. Anyway food for thought, maybe it's not wise to have so much withholding and try to get it closer to 0 tax return. Set up that way you would have had all that money in 2010 when it was easy to find parts in stock. Of course no help now but something to think about...

Striker071
1 May 2011, 22:29
Thanks Quentin... I had been doing that approach for the last 6 yrs.... almost broke even.....Bought a home.... and writing off interest and insurance....so get some of that back....

I don't normally rant... or whine..... guess I need to get the sand outta my #%&*y. Trying to find a good price on a Benelli M2 Tactical as well. Going to check local dealers...

Don't get me wrong i am grateful everyday for the things I have and earned. When I tinker it keeps me outta trouble....

Thanks for listening all.

sdoperator
2 May 2011, 11:54
Supply and demand. Welcome to Weapon Evolution world of AR-15's.

ETA: WTF? I type "the" and it changes it to "Weapon Evolution" ...welcome to t.h.e. world of AR-15's.

GTIdentity
2 May 2011, 12:55
I just finished my latest carbine build (see the describe your lay-out section) a couple months ago. Man it was hard finding everything. I don’t think it is just tax refund season. You have to check all the major distributors and then some. Oddly enough, you can find some things by going through Amazon! Also, make use of the “E-Mail me when this is available” options on the web sites, and wait. It also doesn’t help that a lot a web sites don’t show stock accurately.

It is getting tougher for sure!

Striker071
2 May 2011, 14:04
Thanks GTI,

Nice to know I am not completely crazy.

I never seem to get replies off those Email things....

OF course i want certain parts.... people advertise... this is the best .... so i try to get the best I can afford.

I try not to drink the Koolaid.. but I do believe in quality over quantity.

UrbanPioneer
2 May 2011, 19:30
Maybe consider broadening your vendor selection. There are lots of reputable smaller American AR hardware sellers out there that may have just the quality you're looking for and in stock! - Midwest Industries, Palmetto State Armory, CMMG, etc.

GTIdentity
2 May 2011, 22:22
Maybe consider broadening your vendor selection. There are lots of reputable smaller American AR hardware sellers out there that may have just the quality you're looking for and in stock! - Midwest Industries, Palmetto State Armory, CMMG, etc.

Very true. You need to take the time to define the components you need vs. want maybe. My build was very specific, so you could say I did it to myself. But don't think you have drank the kool-aid because you you want to apply some specifications to your build. You should build what you want, it's your hard earned money. Just be sure you are not being short sighted, and ignore other options. My build took more than twice as long as it should have. You got to be a little zen about it!

john5036
4 May 2011, 21:51
First post here... Hello everyone.

OP: I'm with you. I'm currently waiting for my first AR to come in, since I'm not confident enough to try and build my own yet. I did some shopping in March, and many vendors had wait times attached to their products. These wait times have steadily increased going into April 15th. Seems like patience is the order of the day, our stuff will come sooner or later. I think with uppers being wait-listed, people went and bought their accessories beforehand in anticipation of their complete rifle, and well now accessories are running thin. As mentioned above, you can find a lot of stuff through Amazon but when it comes to getting it from the company you wish to buy from, it does seem to be getting more and more scarce. Hopefully, things will stabilize soon.

Quentin
9 May 2011, 11:24
Striker, I know you're thinking of a Mega lower but since you're also thinking of a Daniel Defense upper... well here's a DD lower in stock...
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DD-22000C

Of course if you build your own lower you can come in cheaper. G&R doesn't have DD uppers but do have BCM. And so does BCM.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=UPR-BCM&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dupper% 26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

As far as DD uppers, Rainier does have a M4V2 in stock:
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=ar15completeuppers_danieldefense

Uppers and BCGs are pretty hard to find in stock now as you said. Hope it eases up and you find what you want...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1DD20009&name=Daniel+Defense+M4V3+.223%2f5.56+Rifle&groupid=11 has a complete DD M4V3.

PuppY_Kick3R
9 May 2011, 11:55
I thought I was the only one with this problem. Yea I was trying so hard to get a DD" 16 middy barrel. I got lucky and found a 16" CHF barrel from centurion arms.

Striker071
9 May 2011, 18:05
Quentin thanks... for all the info.

I was shooting for a mega build .... mid length continuous with the new billet ambi 3h for a lower.

10.3 dd barrel

DD LPK

Wilson Combat TTU mil/leo

Have a Magpul CTR layin around the house...with a tube

vLtor lopro gas block as well .... is stainless ( a friend wanted it but changed his mind) but a coat of black duracoat will fix that.

I appreciate all the help and feel the pain of others who are waiting for parts/rifles..

PPD812
9 May 2011, 20:21
Ordered from RRA 56 days ago. Lead time showing 60-90 days on their website now. Was showing 30-45 when I ordered, then changed the following week. I'm assuming it's a demand issue, but I guess it could be a parts supply issue. I did good the first 45 days, because I expected it. Now I'm getting impatient, not that it does any good.

Specialized Armament
9 May 2011, 21:27
Demand is very LOW right now. I think you are seeing the effects of a weak market and THIN margins...

Striker071
10 May 2011, 02:20
Well one of my main concerns is where the raw steel and aluminum are coming from. If it is or was Japan...... then it is going to take a lot of time for people to find other suppliers of the raw materials that are up to spec for manufacturing. If this is the case some of the big manufacturers should tell us. If someone was to tell me "Hey we can't get the steel right now for our barrel blanks.... there is a longer lead time then I say " Wow I understand that and thanks for the information". It just seems weird that everything seemed to come to grinding halt after the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan... is it weird timing or does it have some facts... who knows.