PDA

View Full Version : MOE+ GRIP Around the corner?

Tactical Ninja
18 May 2011, 16:21
Just noticed magpul has the MOE+ GRIP on there website, with a description saying shipping soon to dealers and distributors. Can't speak for anyone else out there but I've been waiting on this grip for awhile and I must say I'm looking forward to it's release.

Aragorn
18 May 2011, 18:48
That's exciting news. I too have been waiting on this grip.

Tactical Ninja
18 May 2011, 19:01
Here is one of the images off of the Magpul Website.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/6349/moegrip.jpg

oregonshooter
18 May 2011, 19:11
What's suppose to be the difference? Looks like a standard MOE to me.

Aragorn
18 May 2011, 19:24
It's real close to a MOE, but with rubber overmolding [:D]

oregonshooter
18 May 2011, 20:20
Ah, I thought might be the deal. Thanks

TripleBravo
19 May 2011, 00:01
Stick...can you confirm or deny?

BravoHotel
19 May 2011, 10:16
So is the MOE+ then supposed to be similar to the Suregrip Ergo in terms of feel? If so, I'm interested I guess. Been kinda a Magpul whore lately for some reason....

Tactical Ninja
19 May 2011, 21:58
I beleive the wrap around rubber overmold is similar to the Ergo. But can't say for certain I've never actually held one in my hand, to me though it seems like the same general idea.

I must confess I to am curious if you can confirm or deny Stick.

Tactical Ninja
10 September 2011, 10:02
Got the Magpul Dispatch 13 E-mail yesterday letting me know that the MOE + and MOE-K grip are now shipping to dealers and distributors. Very excited to get this grip. Just waiting for Rainier Arms to have these so I can order one.

Stickman
10 September 2011, 15:44
They should be shipping to dealers right now. I think most guys will really like these.

TehLlama
10 September 2011, 20:29
Titliest has had one on his LT rifle for a while now, and I don't hear any complaints from Stick.
The K looks like it's intended to be a PDW type grip, or something for smaller hands (though the more vertical grip angle makes me think PDW)

My question for those with experience running the MOE+ or ERGO overmolded is how they do with really sweaty hands? I was going to move my wife's to all MOE+ grips, but this is my last concern.

Fixit69
16 September 2011, 19:11
Very interested if like ergo. I really like that feel. If in MOE configuration, it would be an improvement to me.

wolf_walker
25 September 2011, 09:06
Mine should be here Monday, anyone else have in-hand yet?

Aragorn
25 September 2011, 10:54
I have one in hand. I was actually surprised to find out that I prefer my ergo. Don't get me wrong, it's a great grip, I've just been running ergo's forever and how the MOE+ get narrower at the top seems... different. Almost feels like I have less/(different?) control while performing one handed operations. Again, not bad, just not what I'm used to. I'm going to leave it on for awhile to see if I warm up to it more. I do like it better than the standard MOE and the MIAD FWIW.

I haven't actually shot it yet, these are just observations I've made monkeying around with it after install, practicing some reloads, and chasing the cat around the house with it.

Hmac
25 September 2011, 11:02
I installed one on my Noveske yesterday replacing the TD that came on it . Just got done installing a second one. It's a nice grip, especially with gloves. My other Magpul grip inserts fit normally. I note that while Magpul used to use some kind of blue loctite on the screw, these new MOE+ grips come with a waxy yellow threadlocker on them and they are really, really stiff. Two hands on the biggest screwdriver I have did the trick, but it's a chore.

Aragorn
25 September 2011, 12:03
...these new MOE+ grips come with a waxy yellow threadlocker on them and they are really, really stiff. Two hands on the biggest screwdriver I have did the trick, but it's a chore.

Oh yeah, that happened with me too. I ended up using a different grip screw I had laying around.

TripleBravo
25 September 2011, 17:42
I'm glad some end users are actually getting them in hand. I'm still waiting for my order to get here.

TripleBravo
27 September 2011, 03:59
...And my order came in the mail today...FINALLY!!

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/Mega-MOEplus-BAD/Mega-MOEplus-BAD-01-1024.jpg

Hmac
27 September 2011, 05:32
I appreciate your picture. I haven't been keeping up with Battle Arms Development and as of a couple of minutes ago have a couple of those crank configuration selector levers on order. Perfect for my slightly smaller hands - I suspect I'll be able to flip the selector to "fire" without any shifting of my grip. http://www.the370z.com/images/smilies/tiphat.gif

wolf_walker
27 September 2011, 17:53
Got mine today and stuck it on, it feels larger overall, is definitely high-grip, and not surprisingly well made. I think it's real worth will be with wet hands or with gloves, but it was well worth the tiny cost and crawling around on the floor looking for my safety detent plunger. :)

Wondering Beard
28 September 2011, 13:50
How does it feel on bare hands?

TripleBravo
28 September 2011, 20:44
How does it feel on bare hands?

I'm chuckling as I type, because your question begs for a comedic response.

In all seriousness, I have a tough time describing it more than this: the MOE+ feels like your holding a rubber grip – it’s a little pliable, where as the standard MOE feels like plastic -- it's harder.:o

Wondering Beard
29 September 2011, 11:16
yeah, I should have seen that before I posted :-)

I guess I'm wondering how grippy it is in wet or near wet conditions, is it like the Hogue's for example.

The photos don't make it look very grippy.

wolf_walker
29 September 2011, 15:20
For the tiny price, I'm sure it's more grippy when wet being rubber. I haven't had mine wet though. This all sounds so wrong so I'm just going to stop there.

TripleBravo
29 September 2011, 16:17
I don't own any Hogue's, but I do have some Ergos; for the most part, the material has a similar feel, however the two grips have different contours. Prior to the MOE+ release, my favorite grip set up was the MIAD with the largest backstrap and the smooth face. The MOE+ is a very similar contour to that set up, but with the hard rubber feel. Since I've had it for about a minute, I've got zero practical use with it, so I'll just have to keep you posted.

Fixit69
5 October 2011, 07:03
Very interested. Going to pick up one soon