PDA

View Full Version : MaTech Aimpoint Micro Mount

Specialized Armament
2 June 2011, 10:24
I finally got around to checking out one of the new Aimpoint Micro T-1/H-1 mounts from Matech. While intended to be used on belt fed weapons, at only 3.9 onces I just had to try one on a Colt LE6921. The mount is secured by two low profile throw levers. Elevation adjustment is made by a knob on the left rear of the mount similar to the original Matech rear BUIS.

My expectations of the mount were certainly met if not exceeded. I zeroed the weapon on the 200 yard setting at 25 yards with XM855. The target, an MGM Auto-Popper Colt Speed Plate (http://mgmtargets.com/tstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3) of course. I did back the 6" plate with a 10" X 10" piece of yellow wax board. From a prone supported position I engaged the target with ten rounds from 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards making the corresponding change to the Matechs elevation adjustment knob. The results...

100 - 10/10 Steel Hits
200 - 9/10 Steel Hits - 1 on the backer
300 - 7/10 Steel Hits - 3 on the backer
400 - 4/10 Steel Hits - 4 on the backer - 2 mikes

Crunch the data however you want. I consider the mount to be well designed and it works. I will try and get a few photos up in the next day or two. There are a couple photos available on Gear Scout.

Con: We had to modify a T-10 driver to fit through bottom of the mount to install the mounting fasteners.

Quib
2 June 2011, 12:02
Sounds like an interesting design Mark. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Paulo_Santos
2 June 2011, 18:18
Is that the mount that you have to give up your unborn baby to pay for it?

Specialized Armament
2 June 2011, 18:59
Is that the mount that you have to give up your unborn baby to pay for it?

It is.

They'll do fine if they have A .gov contract but they appear to have priced themselves out of the commercial market.

Paulo_Santos
3 June 2011, 06:10
It is.

They'll do fine if they have A .gov contract but they appear to have priced themselves out of the commercial market.

I was all set to get one when they first came out until I saw the price. Could justify it. Wish it was cheaper because I would have bought one when they came out.

5pins
3 June 2011, 10:02
How much do they cost? I have looked around and can’t find anyone that sells them.

Wondering Beard
3 June 2011, 13:39
Are they set for 62gr ammo and would it be difficult to use them with other bullet weights?

Paulo_Santos
3 June 2011, 14:13
About $300

http://www.georgiagunstore.com/gun_store_products/Scope_Mounts-Matech-MATECH_BASE_AIMPOINT_T-1_FOR_556.html

5pins
3 June 2011, 14:19
That’s a little steep but I like the idea of having a mount that allows you to adjust for range.

nobodyspecial
4 June 2011, 04:52
Considering how low cost their BUIS is, its odd to see the mount cost so much.

Paulo_Santos
4 June 2011, 05:12
I wish Aimpoint would come out with an Aimpoint with BDC type turrets. I know that most people wouldn't need or want one, but for the guys that use a magnifier, the BDC turrets would be very useful.