PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory Receivers and Barrels?

chazthebiker
7 June 2011, 00:31
Does anyone here have experience with Palmetto State Armory barrels and receivers? I am looking at their website and they have a complete 6.8 SPC Upper with an 18" Stainless Steel Barrel (SPEC II chamber 1:11 twist) for $399.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2202.php

Then I look at the lowers and they have a Gadsden engraved lower for $89.99 (very cool)

Or a complete MOE lower for $299.00

http://palmettostatearmory.com/AR-15-lowe-receivers.php

Heck, I think that is cheaper than Del-ton. $700 for a stainless barreled 6.8? That is hard to pass up. I have been looking for a stainless barrel with a traditional FSB... and there it is.

This might be the route I take for my KISS rifles. So how about it? Anyone dealt with these folks before? Anyone have one of their barrels? I'll have to ask them about the BCG... but still... that is cheap!!

SchattenSchurke
7 June 2011, 05:29
Palmetto State Armory is run by a great group of guys. They are very helpful and are more than willing to help you with any problems. I do not have any of their uppers or lowers though; however, my dad recently bought one of their standard stripped lowers and he has not had any problems with it. The finish is more of a matte grey than black, but it is a quality finish. On a side note: all of PSA's lower receivers are done by Aero Precision. I do not know about the uppers. In my opinion and experience, PSA is a great route to go.

chazthebiker
7 June 2011, 10:32
Palmetto State Armory is run by a great group of guys. They are very helpful and are more than willing to help you with any problems. I do not have any of their uppers or lowers though; however, my dad recently bought one of their standard stripped lowers and he has not had any problems with it. The finish is more of a matte grey than black, but it is a quality finish. On a side note: all of PSA's lower receivers are done by Aero Precision. I do not know about the uppers. In my opinion and experience, PSA is a great route to go.

Thanks for the reply. I called them just now and the BCG is an auto BCG. Just keeps getting sweeter. It is good to know that aero precision does their lowers too.

SchattenSchurke
7 June 2011, 11:21
Glad to be of service. If you are ever down around Columbia, you should go see the place.

Khanawalt
18 August 2011, 11:21
Last night I ordered a Gadsden lower for my first build. Now to scrounge up the few hundred needed for the kit...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wneubauer
14 September 2011, 18:35
I've got 3 lowers coming. Everything I can find out about them is positive, and while they have been a bit slow shipping, they have been in contact and have been great to deal with. I suppose lowers for 49.00 will fill up your order box in a hurry!

Santa will be a popular guy in my house this Christmas when my sons get to build their own rifles..