PDA

View Full Version : C-More Railway???

EODcrawler
19 June 2011, 22:58
I'm curious to know if anyone uses a C-More for their optic. I've done some searching on here and can't find anything. I'm starting to look for an optic for my AR and am leaning towards the Tactical Railway. I like the more "open" design of the C-Mores. We have EOTechs in our unit and though it is a great optic, I feel as though for my personal weapon, it might be a little bulky. If anyone has had one of these or a similar version in the past or still does, I'd love to hear your input on this.

Eric
20 June 2011, 07:14
You really don't hear much about any of the C-More optics for use on duty type carbines. I think they earned a poor reputation early on, based on poor durability and imprecise adjustments. Current models give you the option of an aluminum or polymer body, so perhaps improvements have been made. I've had limited exposure to them, but would also be curious if anyone has put one through a decent test.

Paulo_Santos
20 June 2011, 08:39
The ones I saw had non-audible clicks which made it a nightmare to zero. Don't know if they changed that.

EODcrawler
20 June 2011, 09:02
It won't be used on a duty carbine, just a personal use. I don't know if they are made with actual "Click" adjustments now. I'm thinking of going with the Aluminum body Tactical Railway model. It has a BUIS built into the optic. Kind of a nice feature IMO. I've dealt with M68 Aimpoints and a couple different EOTech models and I'm still leaning towards the C-More. I'm deployed right now, but once I get back, I'm going to try and get my hands on one before a final decision is made. That could tip the scales in another direction.

BravoHotel
1 July 2011, 10:26
Haven't used one but your question made me do some quick research -- came across this regarding the "click" adjustment:

"C-MORE Systems red dot sights provide infinite adjustment capability. By eliminating "clicks", the adjustments can be set to exact positions, resulting in pin-point accuracy. Positive locking screws for both windage and elevation lock the adjustment screws in position. The adjustments also feature a wide range of adjustment. Up to 800 inches of adjustment @ 100 yards are available for both windage and elevation. This eliminates the need to compensate for sight misalignment during the mounting process."

http://www.cmore.com/adjustments.html

I have seen them used by competition shooters (not many...but I have seen them).

EODcrawler
5 July 2011, 00:19
I've found pretty much the same info on the C-Mores. It's the optic that I've been leaning towards since I started my build. A couple of the 5th Group guys I work with use them and they love them. I just hadn't seen too many others using one.