PDA

View Full Version : Foward Assist Pin removal

Striker071
17 July 2011, 13:32
Does anyone know if there are any tricks to removing the pin.... friend gave me it after he ground down the end to make it fit better at leasrt what he said

Eric
17 July 2011, 15:14
3/32" punch for the pin
1/16" punch for the pawl
If its gunked up, soak it with Kroil first.

Striker071
17 July 2011, 16:37
Thanks Eric...

I have been hitting it and it isn't moving.

TripleBravo
18 July 2011, 00:13
Thanks Eric...

I have been hitting it and it isn't moving.

Are you taking the tension off of it by keeping the forward assist pushed in while trying to remove it?

Striker071
18 July 2011, 07:33
Little CLP overnight loosened it up got it moving.... gonna order a new pin. Now I can clean it and refinish... thanks for all the good replies. That's why i come here for straight answers

oregonshooter
18 July 2011, 15:56
Buy some KROIL, it's worth the price X10 and what B3 said.

Bob Reed
18 July 2011, 18:27
Little CLP overnight loosened it up got it moving.... gonna order a new pin. Now I can clean it and refinish... thanks for all the good replies. That's why i come here for straight answers
Hello,

I don't know where you plan on buying your parts from - but Specialized Armament has an extensive inventory of high quality Genuine COLT Parts on hand at all times, and SA is a very professional company that always keeps their customers best interest in mind.

Check 'em out, their great people to do business with. http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Colt_AR_15_Parts-4-0.html