PDA

View Full Version : Comp that wont break the bank.

Striker071
24 July 2011, 14:19
Just like the title says.... need a comp that won't break the bank. I am building a upper that has to be AWB compliant off of parts I had in my parts box.

Got a Delton 16 in Mid Barrel. 199.00
Had a PRI Gas Buster handle.
RRA BCG
beaten up Upper reciever that a friend tried to make fit a lower... used a dremel on the back part of it... will duracoat it for a refinish.

Just need to find options... If it was a critical build a Battle Comp would go on it. Just want to find something that will work effectively and not hurt the wallet.

Also .... any ideas on a color for the refinish.... DE... OD...

Stickman
24 July 2011, 17:36
Its hard to beat the all around cheap and effective A2 FS. If you are looking for something more high speed, the Rainier Arms XTC works well, and is nicely priced.

Paulo_Santos
24 July 2011, 19:34
If you need a muzzle brake because you live in a commy state like me, I'd check out the Troy muzzle brake.

GriffonSec
24 July 2011, 19:57
For the small amount of time I ran it on my 6.8 SBR, the Black River Tactical "Covert Comp" was a nice piece, and fits the cost effective part. Most likely similar in performance to the Troy and other linear style brakes, but more in line to a factory appearance.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/product.html

sdoperator
25 July 2011, 12:07
Yankee Hill Machine's Phantom 5C2 is very well regarded for the price. I own one, as well as a Battle Comp...both are great for what I paid.

CCK
27 July 2011, 07:40
PWS

tac40
27 July 2011, 13:52
Where are you at? I send you my old A2 if you want it, you cover the cost of shipping.

Striker071
27 July 2011, 17:25
A2 will not work I am in a commy state as well. This is a upper a friend will use.... LEO's in my state are exempt from the AWB ban. SO I can have the fun stuff.... don't want anyone to get bound up. For my personal builds I use Battle Comps. My friend has had some hard luck and he likes to shoot... he has a lower and I am letting him use this upper or even pay me over time for it. I am trying to keep cost down.... he says I have already done too much but good friends are good friends. tac40 thanks for the nice gesture.... hope i can return it someday

tac40
28 July 2011, 19:29
No worries

Striker071
3 August 2011, 14:19
Picked up a Raineir Arms XTC.... Now to build it and fire up the Airbrush for the duracoat