PDA

View Full Version : Smith Wesson M410

abstruse
19 August 2011, 19:21
Talking to a friend at work today, he offered me his never been fired M410, I've always been a sig guy but adding another pistol to the collection is always an option. He bought it, loaded it and it stayed like that for about 5 years he said, being it's way to cheap to pass up I had some question for those out there knowing more or even using this weapon system, do I have any options for Hi-cap mags? also besides hogue any option for grips? I've never really heard of this model so I'm trying to find some aftermarket support but turning up empty. Primary use for it will be for CCW. Generic pic so you get the idea.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/Justpunchit/m410.jpg

Fixit69
23 August 2011, 15:17
Had a smith and wesson 416. Tough little sucker. Put about 6500 rounds, only malfunctions were on reloads. Sold it finally to finance an ar build.

Mine came with the 15 rnd mags. This model, couldn't tell you, but I would guess it uses the same mags. Problem is it is an old design. Not much after market left.

Just do like I did and shoot the livin hell out of it. It's a fun little gun.

ETA: do not use this for carry. Just opinion. You might not be as lucky as me on reliability.