PDA

View Full Version : What are these numbers?

lamarbrog
19 August 2011, 22:56
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i190/Lamarbrog/DSCN0738.jpg

On the area where the pistol grip rides, right side of the lower receiver.

The have no relation to the serial number at all. A part number?

Aragorn
20 August 2011, 07:35
It certifies that this lower was born on July 29th, 1976 [:D]

No?

If it's not the serial number then I have no idea. Could have been a part number, or something else associated with the way the company kept inventory.

zero7one
21 August 2011, 01:30
Who is the manufacturer? Did you buy the lower new or used? I do not have an exact answer, but it could be a part number or a lot number. If you bought it new, call the manufacturer and ask what it means.

lamarbrog
21 August 2011, 09:56
This is the High Standard rifle I bought a few weeks ago. I felt it necessary to do a more thorough take down since I don't trust their ability to put it together right at all. Seemed to all be fine, although the parts were completely dry... not a bit of grease. I'm pretty confident they would have no idea... most ignorant bunch of gun people I've ever encountered.

And, while we're on the topic of unidentified markings- Any idea what a "P" on a charging handle indicates?

skd_tactical
23 August 2011, 12:30
It's P for pull.... We .mil guys aren't the brightest sometimes - just like our Claymore mines that say "Front toward enemy" or our MRE heaters that state "place on Rock or something."
OK I have no idea, but I couldn't resist. Sorry.

SOS

Mr.Goodtimes
23 August 2011, 12:33
if you dont trust the company why don't you return the rifle before you fire it?

lamarbrog
24 August 2011, 10:02
The reason I didn't return it was that it was a good price, their critical parts are decent (even if assembled incorrectly), and getting it up to standard wasn't that expensive. I'm competent enough to be able to double-check their work, fix any abnormalities, and use the rifle.