PDA

View Full Version : URX III Dilemma

mtdawg169
13 September 2011, 18:41
OK guys, I need a hand. I'm working on a new upper build and have acquired everything except for the rail. I am planning on using a URX III on a 17", rifle gassed Noveske barrel. Here's my problem. I have found the rail for an excellent price, but the Dealer no longer does installs. My second choice was to use another well known KAC dealer, but they will not do installs for customer supplied rails. They are also higher on the rail itself and charge $50 extra for the install even if you do buy it from them. Does anyone know of a qualified armorer with experience on the URX rail system that will do an install with customer supplied parts for a reasonable fee?

Trident1982
13 September 2011, 19:23
I would honestly think that either Kevin or now especially Casey..or all together anyone from KAC to provide that service for either a charge or free given how they designed the URX rather funky to say the least... which requires a special expensive tool and some expertise working on AR's in order to perform the installs of them.

If that failed, no doubt I would try and see if Robb Jenson from M4C would install it for me at the shop he works at...he always receives high marks from the folks who get stuff done from him, and he actually recently mentioned he had the tool and knowledge..just wasn't a KAC dealer or his shop wasn't one.

I'm looking forward to seeing your light precision AR with the 17" barrel. What glass and mount are you running, also what stock and trigger are you rolling with?

I will always maintain my trigger time behind my CQB builds/ M4 GP types as they are the more practical real world tools vs. a Recce or SPR rifle, however shooting those guns in any manner at their typical distances of 200yds or so and less just cannot even come close to equaling the fun, and enjoyment of shooting a LP precision AR @ 600-900yds in usually very scenic and quiet locales.

Sorry to ramble, M4C's shitty, shitty software is perhaps to blame. That said, WEVO is truly first class, and it's always enjoyable to surf on here:)

mtdawg169
13 September 2011, 20:22
I would honestly think that either Kevin or now especially Casey..or all together anyone from KAC to provide that service for either a charge or free given how they designed the URX rather funky to say the least... which requires a special expensive tool and some expertise working on AR's in order to perform the installs of them.

If that failed, no doubt I would try and see if Robb Jenson from M4C would install it for me at the shop he works at...he always receives high marks from the folks who get stuff done from him, and he actually recently mentioned he had the tool and knowledge..just wasn't a KAC dealer or his shop wasn't one.

I'm looking forward to seeing your light precision AR with the 17" barrel. What glass and mount are you running, also what stock and trigger are you rolling with?

I will always maintain my trigger time behind my CQB builds/ M4 GP types as they are the more practical real world tools vs. a Recce or SPR rifle, however shooting those guns in any manner at their typical distances of 200yds or so and less just cannot even come close to equaling the fun, and enjoyment of shooting a LP precision AR @ 600-900yds in usually very scenic and quiet locales.

Sorry to ramble, M4C's shitty, shitty software is perhaps to blame. That said, WEVO is truly first class, and it's always enjoyable to surf on here:)

Trident,

While I have had excellent CS results with KAC in the past, I hadn't really considered asking them to do an install since they don't do direct commercial sales. So I started out with Lawmens. Unfortunately their armorer isn't there any longer. I had forgotten that Robb mentioned that recently, thanks for the reminder. I'll try to touch bases with him tomorrow.

In response to your other question, I will be setting this upper up with an MUR receiver and top it off with a 40mm Bushnell Elite 2.5-14x in an ADM mount for now. Its a little large, so I will be saving my pennies for a NF compact. The lower will have a SOPMOD to help balance things out and an SSA-E.