PDA

View Full Version : Colt People

aklaunch
14 September 2011, 19:02
Good evening,

I am in the market for a Colt M4. Filling out my form 1 and hoping for good results with the ATFE.

Looking around the web i found a dealer who has them and read the description. (see below)

At the present time, the M4 carbine is used as a front-line weapon by US Army, Marine Corps and SOCOM operators in Iraq and Afghanistan. Combat experience with this weapon resulted in update program, which will, as of now (mid-2010) following steps. First, Army wanted to install heavier barrel to allow more sustained firepower, combined with full-automatic mode of fire instead of 3-round burst, and ambidextrous safety/selector switch. Second stage will see improved rail adapter and a new, improved bolt carrier, and a possible third stage will include change of operating system (most probably, from direct gas to the gas piston).

My question is regarding the new and improved bolt carrier???

Any thoughts on that? I know LMT and Wilson Combat and many more make great bolt carriers.

Thanks,

F

TripleBravo
14 September 2011, 19:28
You should be questioning more than the improved bolt carrier.

(Edit: I think I misread the quoted descripiton, but since it's so poorly written, I cannot tell what they are actually selling you.)

Still, I'd be very suspicious of the description you quoted...what on-line retailer is it from?

aklaunch
14 September 2011, 20:48
It is East Coast firearms.

Also when i wrote the above companies make great BCG's i meant different style than the standard Colt. Going with Impactguns.com for the purchase. Just thought this would be a good conversation starter.

TehLlama
15 September 2011, 05:22
The description is offputting, simply because it only quotes part of Colt Military site, which has little to do with the LE or Civ lines of Colt products.

I would be looking at a 6920 or LE6720, and be prepared to run it in a stock configuration, or with only drop-in parts. Out of the box, Colt rifles are GTG, I wouldn't mess with the carrier until you've put some rounds through it, and even then, I'd still keep it stock.