PDA

View Full Version : I shot 'the' Masada at the M4C 3day Vickers class

gotm4
11 March 2008, 05:10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/e7ed2ffc.jpg

It rocks. This is serial number 001 (the first Masada ever made) and has over 90K rounds through it. It's on it's 3rd barrel and has it's original bolt!
This was the 2nd time I've trained under Vickers and can't recommend him enough.

Eric
11 March 2008, 07:32
What's not not love...a Masada in a LV class! Got an AAR going? I'd sure dig it if he made the course available out West soon.

Tac71
11 March 2008, 10:38
Eric.... Hey he's having one out west in southern Ca. in June. Look it up it's at Prado Olympic Shooting Park June 13th - 15th. (Carbine & Pistol)

Stickman
11 March 2008, 12:44
It rocks.

Its got a nice feel to it, and is one of the most natural and ergonomic weapons I've ever worked with.

11 March 2008, 12:53
.... has over 90K rounds through it. It's on it's 3rd barrel and has it's original bolt!.....
[adore][adore]

Fireguy275
11 March 2008, 18:29
What's not not love...a Masada in a LV class! Got an AAR going? I'd sure dig it if he made the course available out West soon.

LMS Defense is bringing Larry out to Western Washington in August '08, 23-26 for a pistol/carbine package[:)]

Tac71
11 March 2008, 20:26
How did the new Aimpoint handle on it?

gotm4
12 March 2008, 03:33
Eric.... Hey he's having one out west in southern Ca. in June. Look it up it's at Prado Olympic Shooting Park June 13th - 15th. (Carbine & Pistol)

The Masada was brought by Drake from Magpul, he attended the course with us. Larry doesn't have a Masada/ACR....yet! ;)

Great class with some great guys. I feel that this made us a little closer knit as a group.

The 3 Angels Inn bed and breakfast was also excellent. :D

By far the best class that I've ever attended.

TD1 - rain, rain rain...pistol only. Very challenging.
TD2 - weak side rifle only, also very challenging but probably not as hard for me as I'm left eye dominant and for a year not so long ago I shot only weak side with long guns.
TD3 - good stuff mixing up everything learned and doing team drills.

For the class my primary gun was my LMT 10" AR which I ran suppressed sometimes. Secondary was my Glock 17.

I had exactly one failure with my rifle. I was shooting a mixture of rifle ammo that was in my ammo can. There were a few rounds of Radway Green in there. I think the one stoppage I had (fired but failed to eject) was with one round of Radway Green (suppressor was not mounted then) the rifle didn't even cycle far enough for the empty to come off the bolt, after finishing the drill with my secondary (Glock 17) I then pulled the charging handle and the empty ejected and the bolt picked up the next round in the mag.

Hawkeye
12 March 2008, 03:33
Its got a nice feel to it, and is one of the most natural and ergonomic weapons I've ever worked with.

Ditto that x10.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/Training/th_MasadaM.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/Training/?action=view&current=MasadaM.flv)

Thekatar
14 March 2008, 14:15
I was in attendance at this class and shot the Masada prototype. Very nice gun, and I think the ACR forward charging handle is actually a wise decision. One of these is on my short list to buy.

RyanB
1 April 2008, 01:41
I handled that gun at SHOT. Does it still have a 14.5 lightweight barrel? If they make that barrel profile in 12.5 it will be the heat. The day I handled it the bolt catch was broken. Not bad considering how many rounds went through it.

JP223
5 April 2008, 17:53
Very nice!

SigPro2022
6 September 2008, 20:15
How much do these things cost? I'm assuming cubic money.

steve1911
6 September 2008, 22:54
Nice weapon.:P

Cold Zero
7 September 2008, 10:14
Will they be released for sale to the general public in 08 or 09? Now there is a question with no answer....[pop]

Stickman
7 September 2008, 10:21
Will they be released for sale to the general public in 08 or 09? Now there is a question with no answer....[pop]

I think we will start seeing them later this year. Bushmaster has been pretty quiet with everything, I would have expected them to hype it up a little, run some PR stuff, etc etc.. Kind of like what FN is running around doing with the SCAR.