PDA

View Full Version : Current Supplier of US-GI issue M4 RIS / RAS Rail Systems ??

dpast32
18 October 2011, 07:42
Good Morning Guys,

I just happened to read circa 2010 article that stated Daniel Defense Co. is the current provider of US / GI issue M4 carbine rail systems for the Army's SOPMOD Block II M4 carbine upgrade program. Is this fact true ? I freely admit that I haven't had the time lately to keep abreast of all the US / GI weapons modifications & or upgrades, but I always thought that the US Military's basic M4 carbine was fitted with the KAC's RAS system ? Any info or comments will be very much appreciated !! THANKS,

Regards, dpast32

Whixton
18 October 2011, 09:42
WEVO Thread (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?241-Daniel-Defense-RIS-II-A-Brief-History) <- click link

ARMS, KAC, and DD all advanced past initial testing with high quality rail systems which humbled their competitors. Regardless of the outcome, all three had shown that they were solid performers. Of course in the end, the selection was narrowed to one, with Daniel Defense being awarded the contract and becoming the sole source supplier for SOCOM

dpast32
18 October 2011, 10:15
THANK YOU for the prompt reply to my query, I really appreciate it.

Regards, dpast32