PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Noveske Quadrail?

Leo77
26 October 2011, 19:19
Im still waiting to receive my Noveske 300Blk 8" Lo Pro Upper.
I was thinking about changing the Noveske Quadrail but I wont know for sure untill I receive the Upper.
I might want a slightly thinner rail than the Noveske.
I may want to replace it with a Daniel Defense Rail or Possibly the LWRC MKII-B Arm-R Rail.
The QuadRail on the Lo Pro is their standard 1913 Rail, I believe it might be their SWS Rail.
On this rail does the Barrel Nut also need to also be removed or is it simply removing and replacing the Allen Screws?
Also any recommendations on what company has the Thinnest QuadRails?
I hope the Stick chimes in.
Any Noveske Owners help would be Appreciated!!
Thanks Much

Aragorn
27 October 2011, 10:31
Here's a great chart telling you about the weight and dimensions of many of the rails currently out. Made by Rob_S

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsFnUZMkZNF2DQ&output=html

As for the Noveske rail, it's either their SWS rail, or a VIS monolithic upper. You would (ought) to know if you ordered a VIS upper. If that is the case you're not changing anything because the upper and rail are all one piece. Their SWS rail is proprietary and I have no idea how to get it off (or back on for that matter) or if you would need special tools. All that said, get it in hand before you decide you want to change anything. The DD Lite Rail is taller then the Noveske, and the LWRC is bigger in both width and height. The DD Omega and Omega X series rails are the thinnest I'm aware of, save for possibly the Ergo (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1593)

Also bear in mind if you swap rails you'll have to yank the gas block and muzzle device.

Paulo_Santos
27 October 2011, 10:44
I'd wait and see how it feels before changing anything out. Their rails are very nice and have pretty much everything other rails have.

Leo77
27 October 2011, 23:48
Thanks Guys
I also just found that chart.

iron x
3 November 2011, 05:13
I will not change my N4 GPR rail.. Simply because it is functional and you cant buy on the market with a Noveske name on it.

Stickman
6 November 2011, 08:18
Wait until you get your upper, and then go from there. I don't see any reason to swap out that rail myself, but at least shoot it and see if there is a reason to make the change.

BlackCrow
15 November 2011, 14:20
Im still waiting to receive my Noveske 300Blk 8" Lo Pro Upper.
I was thinking about changing the Noveske Quadrail but I wont know for sure untill I receive the Upper.
I might want a slightly thinner rail than the Noveske.
I may want to replace it with a Daniel Defense Rail or Possibly the LWRC MKII-B Arm-R Rail.
The QuadRail on the Lo Pro is their standard 1913 Rail, I believe it might be their SWS Rail.
On this rail does the Barrel Nut also need to also be removed or is it simply removing and replacing the Allen Screws?
Also any recommendations on what company has the Thinnest QuadRails?
I hope the Stick chimes in.
Any Noveske Owners help would be Appreciated!!
Thanks MuchI have a Noveske and use the Daniel Defense Quad rail and it fits and works very good no problem coming lose and it is on a 6.8SPC