PDA

View Full Version : Wilson TTU or Geissele SSA?

Leo77
5 November 2011, 17:06
Any thoughts on the Wilson TTU and the Giessele SSA Trigger?
If anyone Has used both I would Appreciate your Input.
Thanks

Eric
5 November 2011, 18:58
The original TTU is a single stage, while the SSA is a two stage. Trigger pull weight is similar. The TTU is a drop in cartridge, while the SSA uses more traditional individual components. The TTU costs about $100 more. I have a lot more time with the SSA, but in my time with Stick's TTU, it was one sweet trigger. With well over 10K cycles, I think we can call it reliable. The SSA is in wide use and bullet proof.

There really isn't a wrong pick given the two choices. It just depends on your preferences.

TehLlama
5 November 2011, 23:12
No wrong pick, but just to be unhelpful I'd also say look at the SSA-E.

I'm a huge fan of the SSA myself, but if you want the Geissele for a precision gun, the SSA-E seems like the one to get.

Ryo
5 November 2011, 23:16
I haven't used the TTU, but have handled and owned a lot of Geissele triggers. You're good to go with the SSA. It's a great trigger, but I prefer the SSA-E over the SSA.

Stickman
6 November 2011, 08:16
You would need to be more selective in the question as the TTU is a series, and not just one trigger. Each of them has their own distinct flavor which may or may not match what you are looking for. The SSA is a great trigger as well, especially if you want a 2 stage.

Leo77
6 November 2011, 12:38
I was either considering the Single Stage #4 TTU or the Two Stage SSA.
I have heard many positive remarks about the TTU but I have also heard a few problems with the early version of the TTU. (I hope it has been resolved, Never heard of any Issues with the SSA)
Although Stick I did read your review of the TTU Trigger which was Impressive.
Thanks For the Feedback.

d90king
7 November 2011, 08:58
I've been running the singe TTU for just under 10k rounds and I love it. Very clean break (just under 4#) and the reset is almost instant during recoil. I have never had trigger freeze with it and highly recommend it. I don't care for two stage triggers so that could make me a little bias so YMMV.

eldogg
7 November 2011, 17:03
i have not had the opportunity to use the TTU, and i'm not a 2 stage guy either, but i did get to try several Geissele triggers. i think the Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) is the slickest i've
used. i can't even tell it's 2 stage, and has a short reset.

Stickman
7 November 2011, 17:33
I've been running the singe TTU for just under 10k rounds and I love it. Very clean break (just under 4#) and the reset is almost instant during recoil. I have never had trigger freeze with it and highly recommend it.

I find it to me my favorite single stage trigger bar none.

Ryo
7 November 2011, 22:53
Hmm.. Might have to try the TTU.