PDA

View Full Version : Tareinco VTP Sling Discussion

TripleBravo
9 November 2011, 09:57
The review of Tareinco's VTP (Variable Transition Point) Sling is up here: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3422-Tareinco-VTP-sling&p=32252#post32252

Please post any questions or discussion in this thread.

TripleBravo
9 November 2011, 10:38
I probably should have included this photo in the review, but here you can see the sling on its own...

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/Tareinco%20Slings/VTP-onwhite-01-1024.jpg

Ryo
9 November 2011, 22:52
Almost looks like a copy of the Mount-N-Slot.

TripleBravo
10 November 2011, 08:01
Almost looks like a copy of the Mount-N-Slot.

As I mentioned in the write up, the key component is the Triglide made for Tareinco by IWC (Impact Weapons Components).

It also looks similar to a Gear Sector sling, but there are some noteworthy differences.

Policetacteam
30 December 2011, 06:07
I've been running this same sling for the past two months on my patrol rifle. The build quality is exceptional, the tubular webbing is very comfortable and nearly identical to a Gear Sector sling, and the adjustment loop is fast and smooth! The Triglide adds a whole new element into the equation by allowing you to switch from single point mode to two point sling. I'm primarily in single point 95% of the time but when I need a two point sling its nice to know its only 1.5 seconds away!! Great sling, well thought out design, and backed by some of the best customer service in the business!!

Duffy
3 January 2012, 06:01
I love mine :)

There are many little details built into the sling, to the point I'd call it feature rich. I switched most of my VCAS slings to one variation or another of TAREINCO slings.

I stopped using the single point sling years ago so I didn't find the TriGlide useful for me, I asked Mark to make some for me that are without the IWC Triglide part, and he was happy to oblige. The adjustable pull loop is better than a pull tab, the sliding action of the adjustment is smooth and fast.

I never knew there was so much to a sling, this is a very well designed sling :)

BlackWidow
3 February 2012, 19:05
Have been running one for a few months here as well and it has become my favorite sling. The adjustment is very easy to manipulate.

lawngrizzly
15 February 2012, 11:05
I had won a VTP in a contest. The sling is awesome, and made me rethink how slings even function. I thought that I needed a single point. However after talking with the owner of Tareinco VIA messenging, I definately did not. Great company to deal with. Very cool guy, and will help you with any questions you have. I ended up ordering some other things from them, and wil definately order from again.

BlackWidow
24 February 2012, 20:31
Mark over at Tareinco is an outstanding gentlemen and producer of quality shit [adore]